Help

SD LSC SE

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Gentlemen, I Own A 1990 Lsc Se And It Will Not Start. I Put It In The Driveway On A Monday Night And Saturday Morning I Jumped In It, And Wouldn't Start. If The Auto Theft Light Comes On When I Open The Doors Does Htat Mean Anything. I Elready Punched In The Code And I Pumped The Trunk Using The Code. The Door Solenoids Are Out So I Couldn'r Test Those. The Engine Will Turn But Will Not Start. Im Pretty Sure The Engine Is Not Getting Any Fuel. I Appreciate Any Help And Suggestions That I Can Get.

Thanks Fellas

Uh, is it out of gas?

Check spark at the distributor. If you get it there, check spark at the plugs. Are you sure the starter is engaging the flexplate? Keep us updated.

Check for spark when cranking.. Use one of those cheap neon spark testers on a spark plug and have someone crank the engine .. If you see spark, it's not getting fuel.
Put a pressure gauge on the little schrader valve on the fuel rail. Turn the key to "Run" and off a couple times. The fuel pump should make noise while it pumps for a few moments. Pressure should then be near 40 PSI but the injectors are not injecting fuel for some reason..

Or forget all that testing stuff and directly check what I think could be the trouble..

Take the air intake hose off the intake manifold and squirt about 5cc's of gasoline in there. Replace the hose and wait 5 minutes (for some of the fuel to vaporize). Try and start the engine. If it starts there's a good chance the fuel injector relay is toast.

The above is the short version of the story of what I went through last month with my '88 LSC. I finally surrendered and took it in. The shop charged me $130 total to find the fault and replace that injector relay. I still don't know where that relay is other than it's under the hood somewhere..

Members online

Back