Help!!!!!!!!!!

Nicelysedated

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to replace the stock amp and am not getting my new one to work. I cut the harness to the rear amp and wired the power wires to the amp. The audio signal wires i ran to rca crimp on connectors. The white/red and gray/red wires i put on the middle pin of the rca connectors and the bare silver wire i ran to the outside of the rca connector. It is not giving me any sound but the amp is powering on. Any help?

Obvious question - are you sure your speakers are properly connected to the amp? Make sure you don't have the center or outer leads on the crimp on's shorted.

They are porperly connected to the amp. I will check the connectors again. Is the wire configuration right?

The amp under the package shelf only drives the subs. The signal sent to that amp may be too low a freq.

Im sending it to an amp for the subs. I have the crossover turned off. Checked the connectors still no luck.

Here are some pics of what im trying to do. The first is a pic of the three audio wire that went into the stock amp. I have connected the red/white and the gray/red one to the center pin of the rca connectors. The bare silver i spliced into two wires and ran one of each to the outside of the connector. Is there something in the alpine audiophile radio that will not send the siganl if it doen't detect the stock amp?

wires.JPG

connector.JPG

Members online

No members online now.
Back