help with traction control

cdd8808

LVC Member
Reaction score
hey guys im having problem with my traction control the switch stays off and the guy i bought the car says the wire is unhook but im having problems finding the end off the wire some please help me

Well if the switch says "off", as in lit up, then the switch is connected and it means the ABS it out.

well then, is the ABS light on?
if so, no traction control. they work together.

hey guys my name is chris and I am new to this site and i Have 2 1994 lincoln mark viii and i love driving them both, the one reason i joined this site is because im looking for help on making one of my mark viii into a 5 speed manual but i have no idea where to start

and i've established its a 94..

I have a 94 module I snagged from the jy that had tc, and also a 93 module with tc

yeah its a 94 so the traction and abs run together cuz the abs light is not on

see the problem is when its wet or even when im turning the tire spins and im starting off slow and the traction assist button is off and i press it and it still stays lite up,

Start the car and make sure the ABS warning light works. If the light is on at the switch, the switch would have to be hooked up. And in case you are not clear on this, if the switch is lit the traction control is off. By default the switch is always unlit meaning the system is active.

Since traction control and ABS are the same system, usually a traction off at startup means both are out. In fact its probably always the case.

So make sure the ABS light even works. If not, then you have an ABS pump/relay/fuse issues. Which is probably the case.

Start the car and make sure the ABS warning light works. If the light is on at the switch, the switch would have to be hooked up. And in case you are not clear on this, if the switch is lit the traction control is off. By default the switch is always unlit meaning the system is active.

Since traction control and ABS are the same system, usually a traction off at startup means both are out. In fact its probably always the case.

So make sure the ABS light even works. If not, then you have an ABS pump/relay/fuse issues. Which is probably the case.

thank you so much for the help i got the problem fixed and everything works like a champ

Members online

Back