Help with seat belts

stateproperty3423

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
I have a 03 ls but the dealer gave me an 02 manual. I'm trying to shut the seat belt reminder off, im following the instructions to a T but its not working is that because the steps to shut off the reminder are different in the 03+ ls? If so can someone post these steps. I would get the info from the tech articles but the links are not working for me.

What are the steps? I remember turning mine off as one of the message center functions. Other Fords use a series of steps of buckling and unbuckling the seatbelt.

the 02 manual says unbuckle then buckle the seat belt 3 times then turn the parking light on then off then buckle and unbuckle the seat belt 3 more times it also says make sure the e brake is on and the car is on the "on" mode but not started I did all that and it is not working :Bang

there is a wire i believe that plugs into the drivers seat belt connector thingy.. you have to unplug it or cut it.... i just reached down and ripped mine out. lol

Motts said:
there is a wire i believe that plugs into the drivers seat belt connector thingy.. you have to unplug it or cut it.... i just reached down and ripped mine out. lol
chill ... thats considered abuse :bash:

i was wondering the exact same thing actually. i have an 02 LS v8 how do i go abouts getting that chime off?

(least your car came with a manual)

the newest internet explorer now that i see your attachment it says the file is 3.6 megs maybe I havent been waiting long enough for it to show anything....man i am so use to having cable internet but I had to get rid of it becuase i am poor :give

ok i found it (changed the 2003 in the hyperlink to 2002) damn i'm smart?

Anyways stupid question about the park lamps? They mean headlights on then off or fog lights on then off. Whats the park lights and how to turn them on off.

Oxyargon03 said:
ok i found it (changed the 2003 in the hyperlink to 2002) damn i'm smart?

Anyways stupid question about the park lamps? They mean headlights on then off or fog lights on then off. Whats the park lights and how to turn them on off.
the parking lamps are the one to the right off the off position the second from the left

let me rephrase that it was wrong: the parking lamps are the postion on the light on off knob second from the RIGHT third from the left

I'm thinking I'm doing the light part wrong also.. 01 model has same routine to turn it off right?

turn to On, have ebrake up doors closed seatbelt undone.. wait 1-2minutes for the seatbelt light to go off.. seatbelt on then off 3x, turn park lamps on *just the yellow lights, not actual head lights*, then off, 3 more fastens of the belt... then it says within 7 seconds of the light turning OFF you have to do it again?

Turn car on but do not start.
Wait until the seatbelt light goes out.
Quickly buckle and unbuckle the seatbelt three times leaving it unbuckeld.
Turn parking lapms on, then off.
Quickly buckle, then unbuckle the seatbelt three times leaving it unbulcked.
The seatblet light will flash once.
Immediately buckle and unbuckle the seatblelt once.
The seatbelt light should flash several times then go out.

That's the way I remember it and have been doing it on our CV P71's.

mholhut said:
Turn car on but do not start.
Wait until the seatbelt light goes out.
Quickly buckle and unbuckle the seatbelt three times leaving it unbuckeld.
Turn parking lapms on, then off.
Quickly buckle, then unbuckle the seatbelt three times leaving it unbulcked.
The seatblet light will flash once.
Immediately buckle and unbuckle the seatblelt once.
The seatbelt light should flash several times then go out.

That's the way I remember it and have been doing it on our CV P71's.

***Have the e-brake pulled too before you turn the car to the on position (i just did this last night)

I think it works without the e-brake set... it has on all the other cars I've done it to.

I figured out how to do it on the 03+ ls's it is different instead of doing the crap listed above all you do a buckle and unbuckle the seatbelt 9x's

yeah, you have to do the 9x thing, then dont you do it once more for a confirmation or something? Been a couple weeks since I did mine.

Members online

No members online now.
Back