Help with part #

Gunnmetalcura04

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hello, I got a leaking pump. I got a 2000 Lincoln LS V6.

This pump is on the right side, on top of alternator. Looks to be like a steering pump, but I was told it was the cooling fan pump. I have to keep on topping off the tank on the right side with the Steering symbol on it.

I bought the car used, so I guess they did a quick ugly fix. You can see the blue stuff on it to stop the leak for a bit but now its active. Here is a pic.
2012-05-11170805.jpg

Power steering pump. The hydraulic fan pump is on the fan itself.

Power steering pump. The hydraulic fan pump is on the fan itself.

No, it's not. (The hydraulic fan motor for the fan is on the fan itself. The hydraulic pump for the fan is driven by the engine and as such is attached to it. There are hydraulic hoses between the pump and the fan motor.)

The hydraulic pump for the fan is on the right (passenger side), and the hydraulic pump for the steering is on the left (driver's side).

No, it's not. (The hydraulic fan motor for the fan is on the fan itself. The hydraulic pump for the fan is driven by the engine and as such is attached to it. There are hydraulic hoses between the pump and the fan motor.)

The hydraulic pump for the fan is on the right (passenger side), and the hydraulic pump for the steering is on the left (driver's side).

There I go again confusing parts......

You may not have to replace the whole pump as that looks to be the actuator area has the blue gunk on it. You can get those (the actuator) new for about $125 through some of the online Ford dealers and aren't all that hard to replace. There are good writeups on here somewhere. I don't have the part # in front of me but will try to look it up from when I did it when I get home tonight.

Maybe some other Lser has it??

That's the supply hose with the blue gunk on it. Probably just need to replace the thing. Sorry.
You can find used ones on eBay or at a junker. It's the cooling fan pump. Do not get a power steering pump!
Or talk to a dealer for a new one.

That's the supply hose with the blue gunk on it. Probably just need to replace the thing. Sorry.
You can find used ones on eBay or at a junker. It's the cooling fan pump. Do not get a power steering pump!
Or talk to a dealer for a new one.

Thanks.
Yea we established that its the cooling fan pump. But I wish it was just the hose.
If you look closely, the blue stuff (temp sealant they used) is on the silver pipe. Then you see the hose on the silver pipe with it's clamp. I did not want to remove it and brake it off completely and stay stranded. I have been looking for part #, but I guess I am going to have to ask the dealer. Hopefully they are helpfull and get me diagram or prices for whole pump or like Rugger said, "the actuator".

Members online

Back