Help with name of part please

fordguy

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Allright I have traced my issue of not getting air out of my vents. I do not have a vacuum leak anywhere my issue is the part that the Yellow vacuum line connects to behind the gauge cluster. Every time I try to find the name of this part all i get are results for the blend door accuator or motor. Please help me find the name of this part or an arm that might be broke to control the air door. I want to get this part before I tear off the dash and have my Mark be down for a few days. Thanks to anyone that can help. Also if you know the name of the part I need any leads on where to find it would be great. Thanks Brian.

OK, Brian, the part you are referring to is the vaccum hose that routes from behind the EATC (AC Controls). There are 5 lines of various colors, one of which is yellow. The yellow onTe routes behind the dash just to the right of the steering wheel. The yellow hose has come off or probably split, broke, or has a hole in it. The only way you're going to replace it is to pull your dash forward. Get one from someone who is parting out their Mark. It doesn't matter the year.

Thanks Gman. I have verified no vacuum leak. I have strong vacuum at the elbow where it connects to the part even disconnected from back of the EATC and pressure tested to make sure no pinhole in the Yellow line to lose pressure. Main problem is since I havent removed dash yet and can find no diagram on how it links to the air door i am not sure if it is a simple vacuum valve that is connected to the door or if the valve connects to a linkage arm that then connects to the door.

Well, I've never touched or even seen that actuator, so take this all with a grain of salt. The name of the part is a "control valve assembly" but a Ford parts guys would be able to find it if you asked for a "defroster vacuum motor". The part number I find is F5TZ-18A318-AA, which cross references to Motorcraft # YH1463, which is available from Amazon for $9.

There is indeed a lever that it attaches to, but it's no longer available:

78284807.gif

Here's a parts diagram. It's at the bottom of the picture.

So if the arm is broken, you'll have to get one from a parts car.

Well, I've never touched or even seen that actuator, so take this all with a grain of salt. The name of the part is a "control valve assembly" but a Ford parts guys would be able to find it if you asked for a "defroster vacuum motor". The part number I find is F5TZ-18A318-AA, which cross references to Motorcraft # YH1463, which is available from Amazon for $9.

There is indeed a lever that it attaches to, but it's no longer available:

78284807.gif

Here's a parts diagram. It's at the bottom of the picture.

So if the arm is broken, you'll have to get one from a parts car.

Thank you Marcus!!!!!! I do believe that the arm is either broken or fell off. I had a feeling that the valve attached to an arm. I pulled my gauge cluster out and seen the metal actuator sticking out of the valve and it was not attached to anything. You just gave me a million reasons to get my hands on a copy of Microcat(guessing thats what you used) as I have been searching for a diagram like you posted for days. This will help me get a part before I take off my dash so no down time for the Mark!!!.

Now all I have is a plea to anyone out there with a parts car that might be able to help me get some cold a/c blowing in my face. PLEASE let me know ANYONE who is parting out a car that is willing to pull the arm off and ship it to me let me know and I'll get you some paypal cash for your troubles :) Thanks again Marcus!!!!

I use FordPartsGiant.com for the parts diagrams. Here's a link:

http://www.fordpartsgiant.com/catalog/1998-lincoln-mark-parts.html

You can change the make, model and year to whatever you like. They have a crazy way of categorizing parts, so it may take a while to locate what you're looking for, but it seems to have everything. Once you drill down to the parts list, click the "View Info" button, then "View" to see the diagram. It's kind of a pain but it's great to have the same diagrams that the dealers have.

Note that they strip off the first two characters of the part number. Not sure why, but if you understand Ford's part numbering system, it's not hard to figure out what it is by trial and error. I use another web site to validate the number.

By the way, beautiful car! I love that color.

Now all I have is a plea to anyone out there with a parts car that might be able to help me get some cold a/c blowing in my face. PLEASE let me know ANYONE who is parting out a car that is willing to pull the arm off and ship it to me let me know and I'll get you some paypal cash for your troubles :) Thanks again Marcus!!!!

I have several parts cars and so do a few others. I have no blend door arms, those are just best to buy new. If your looking for something else let me know.

I have a 97 parts car, if you don't have a good source for the part. Let me know and I'd be more than happy to pull the part for you

Thanks again Marcus and Sapperfire for the help and the offer to pull ithe arm for me. With Marcus's help I was able to get a part #F3LY19A819B(fits 93-98 BTW if anyone else has this problem) and do a national search and found a company collectorsautosupply.com that has 22 (now 21 :) ) NOS in stock for $15. I can feel the cold air in my face already :). Once again a great example of the people on this forum helping out a fellow Mark owner in need!!!

Members online

No members online now.
Back