Help with heat

BradGroves

LVC Member
Reaction score
I have been toughing it out without heat since I first bought my 97 LSC over four years ago. I think it's time to fix that-- problem is I don't have the time/space/tools to fix the broken blend door actuator. If anyone in either NJ or Central VA would be willing to perform this job for me, I would be incredibly thankful. Please PM me with how much you would be willing to do this for and your location. Thanks!

Have you tried manually moving the arm to the mostly heat position? I guess it all depends on how bad things are, if the actuator is broken, the arm, or they have been disconnected.

I live where I can do without heat, and don't drive in the mornings so it sits in the sun before i drive, and often times I would use both heat and AC in the same day/trip, but I live with reaching up and moving the arm to heat for the fall and winter, then back to cool for the other 9 months of the year. I use a zip tie to keep it in place.

http://www.markviii.org/LOD2/emergency_heat.htm

Are you in Princeton, NJ? I have a friend in Flemington off rt. 202 that has successfully replaced the blend door actuator. I'm sure he could help you out.

Members online

No members online now.
Back