help with dash clock

lloydrage

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Ok,

I have decided to put a lincoln dash clock where my ashtray is. I am going to cut a whole and place it in the whole with glue. Its going to look awesome when I am done but I need some help.

How do I run power to it? Is there a specific model one would suggest? I am leaning towards the late 90s towncar clock

I had heard about the clock mod but never seen in. LOOKS AWESOME! Real clean install and turn out.

Holy crap I did that 2 years ago :eek: damn time flies! Thanks guys :)

@ lloydrage
Hey man, got your pm. Figured I'd post the reply here in case someone else needs/wants this info down the road. I bought a new clock from an 07 navigator from the dealer, cuz I liked that clock so much :) very simple, very clean, and perfect for the LS, IMHO. The wiring was pretty straight forward. Just cut off the lighter and used the wires from that. I don't remember if the clock came with a wire plug for the back of the clock, but I think i took one from the junk yard off a ford/mercury/lincoln clock. They aren't all the same so if you do that make sure to get a few different ones and one is bound to work. That's all pretty simple stuff. The hard part was cutting out the hole. I probably spent 3 hours just doing that. But it fit almost perfect in the end :cool:. I also put a disconnect in the wires so I could pull the ashtray clock out if needed.

I'm sure I can get more info for you if you need it. Good luck and post pictures if you ever do this!

thanks for the info, I am going to do this, just trynig to find clock for 20 bucks first, they are all over ebay

Members online

No members online now.
Back