Help with ABS, Traction Control and Brake dash lights

RCodePaul

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
'03 LS V8 with 148k miles, all mine and my son. Owned since new. I've done many fixes on her including the huge job startup rattle - cam timers plus chains plus tensioners.
The only other time I got these dash lights was when the battery was going, so I pulled the battery and took it to AutoZone to (i assumed) replace it. It's just a couple years old, but you never know. They said, "It tests good." Huh. Fully charged it and reinstalled and have all the same dash warning lights.
Read on here ABS sensors, so replaced all four of those. All the same dash warning lights.
Ideas? PCM?
Either way, who is the eBay guy who does the PCM repair for $160.00??? Anybody have him do theirs?
Searched on here but didn't find what I needed...

I can't imagine just blindly throwing parts at it. I also can't imagine what the PCM would have to do with it.
Are you saying that the red brake light is on? Have you checked the brake fluid level.

You'll get nowhere without reading the DTCs from the ABS module. I think that Forscan is probably the cheapest tool that can do this. It certainly costs less then four ABS wheel sensors.

Forscan can program your modules to "as built" . the test version 2.3.5 can recalibrate yaw rate sensor brake boost and steering angler sensor which would probably solve your traction control and abs issue.

yup guilty of throwing parts at it. I read http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/forum/showthread.php?66232-wheel-speed-sensor and should have focused on the "ya gotta see what the codes say" and less on the "a $45 wheel sensor might do it" part.

Had a steering angle sensor malfunction in my 550i and it was more easily diagnosed and it was a zero dollar fix. But I digress.

I'm not familiar with Forscan, only thread on here with Forscan in the title is this one I found and read. http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/fo...tty-cool-stuff-with-Forscan&highlight=forscan went to forscan.org looks like that is the right place. Is it? I have an obdii patchcord to usb so thinking the free windows download is the one for me. http://forscan.org/download/FORScanSetup2.3.6.beta.exe unless there is a more appropriate one. In the forscan thread you wrote in reply to an advancetrac light question, "It could be a calibration issue, but unless it has been worked on, it is more likely to be the steering wheel angle sensor (could also be the yaw sensor). In any event, you'd need a scan tool that could not only read the fault codes, but could also trigger the calibrate procedure. Mine can do that, but Forscan would be a lot cheaper if it could do it."

To be clear, the ABS module is what we are looking to read codes on and not the SAS or the yaw. On the BMW the SAS failure was an OBDii readable code.

Yes forscan can read the codes in all your modules it's basically the ford ids program reversed engineered. I use OBDLink MX Wi-Fi Scan Tool that can read ms can on ford vehicles. You can basically do what the dealership can. Yes forscan can calibrate those sensors. Oh i see they just released the new version a few days sweet.

OK, if you would please, I need a link to a version of the bluetooth OBDII interface that works. The two (1 corded and 1 bluetooth) devices I bought both are non working. Please and thanks
Paul

Let me know how this works out. My dash brake light has been on for years. I have checked both the park brake switch and the fluid level switch and both are working as designed. That leaves wiring (doubtful) or a PCM problem. I have downloaded Forscan and now I just need the OBD to USB interface.

I use the VCM 2 adapter, but it was fairly pricey (~$150). Works great tho, no problems using ForScan to program the ABS module.

I use OBDLink MX Wi‑Fi: OBD‑II around $80 works great no problems reading and programming modules.

Members online

No members online now.
Back