Help with '01 LS V6, VCG replacement

tneilson77

New LVC Member
Reaction score
I've seen the tech page for "Valve Cover Seal Inspection and Replacement For the Lincoln LS", but this is for the V8.

Has anyone seen something similar for the V6? If not, could someone walk me through the steps (and any odd tools or additional parts) required to complete the job?

Since I just changed plugs and still have misfire at 2,3, and 6, was wanting to replace VCG and coils. Really need to know what steps are required after I take off the intake manifold, so it might save some time if you start after that point.

I am a newbie, and at this point still feel that I have more time than money, and would like to attempt this myself. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Once the intake is off, just take the coils off and begin to loosen all the bolts for the VC. Be sure to remember and mark where each bolt comes from in the head, b/c they are different lengths and must go back in the same location they came from. It really is quite easy, if you can get the intake off, then the VC will be no problem. Once the covers are off, just remove the old gaskets clean up the head and the cover REALLY good and then put the new gaskets on, both the inner and the outer gaskets. then put everything back.

Elisha

Thanks for the reply....but is that really it? I'm sorry, but have truly limited mechanical ability, and want to find out if this is something I should even attempt.

The V8 link I referred to talks about needing some gasket sealant, anti-sieze compound, dielectric grease, and additional seals.

On a V6 do I just have to clean up the valve covers, place the new gaskets on and rebolt?

What about the appropriate torque for the bolts, and the order, etc.?

Again, any replies would be greatly appreciated.

Members online

No members online now.
Back