Help Windows OFF Track

RANDO CAMMANDO

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys The Other Day I Was Driving To Work And I Rolled Down My Drivers Window It Worked Fine Did My Job Coming Home Rolled It Down Again Got Home Tried To Roll It Up Started To Go Up Then It Started Going Up And Down When I Was Pushing Up On The Button Its Off Track And I Was Wanting To Know If Anyone Else Has Had This And What To Do To Fix It The Car Is A 03 So Any Feed Back Is
Appreciated

You might have busted a clip off, this happened to my buddies truck one time(I haven't taken off the door panels in the LS so I'm not 100% sure with it looks like in there)

Yea I Was Thinking The Same You Could Hear The Glass Scratch At The Bottom This Weekend I Have To Take The Door Apart And See Wtf Happened Thats The Latest Thing To Happen To The Car More To Follow About That

Some cases its the whole regulator that is bad but in most of mine its just the clips.

you're most likely not going to be able to get just the clips, probably gonna have to purchase an entire window regulator.

I Just Calld My Ford Dealer He Said It Was About 265.00 For The Part And About Hour And Half For Labor Total About 450.00 To Fix It

That's way too expensive. I had the same thing happen to me back in July. I can tell you it's the window regulator. You might as well replace the whole thing. Contact Bill at TeamFord. I bought mines for if I can remember correctly $119.00 shipped express. It's not hard to put in but make sure you have an extra set of hands. I even asked him to send me the instructions and he emailed them to me. It took all of about 45 minutes to take the old one out and install the new one. The dealership was going to charge me about the same price and I did it for free. Not hard at all.:)

Well tommorow im going to take the panel off and see if it cable broke or came off if so ill put it back on if not then ill buy one and slap it in. Every thread ive seen on the topic said its easy so i can give it a shot try to save some money

Go ahead and do it yourself

Be patient, the trim piece comes off if you pry it slowly, do not jerk or you may break the clips. The clips screw into the trim piece, no big deal there. Buy the regulator for about $50 without the motor! Dealers will try to sell you the whole mess for $200+, you only want the regulator! I replaced the two rear regulators on mine, took about an hour each. Its pretty hard to mess it up. You will need a torx bit to remove the motor from the other regulator. Pretty straight forward process, one screw at a time. To hold the window in the up position while I installed the new regulator, i took a large wood chisel and pushed it into the window slot to provide tension on the glass. Pay attention to the small pin that holds the regulator and glass together, its kinda tricky. Push it out with a small device toward the outside of the door. It will pop out. Push it back in the same way but study how it goes into the new (improved) regulator before you put it in.:) I assume you know to remove the arm rest first and unclip the switches........

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.
Back