Help w/ upgrades and functioning

Markus2

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Just joined. Love the site.
Got my hands on this bone stock 91 LSC Special Edition(w 108k) and its bone stock.

Have in box's ready to go.
Cold air intake.(bbk)
70 mm throttle body and spacer. (bbk)
Upper and Lower Intake manifold (cobra)
Smog pump eliminator braket.
3 piece pulley set (march)

1) I want to know if changing over to mass air during the listed items install would be worth me doing.
2)And if I should swap in the 24 lb injectors, of course only if i do the required Mass Air change.
3) With the items i listed, what should i see HP wise. (yes i know they are just bolt ons)

Thanks so much dudes.

-g-

The cold air intake will give you a few ponies. The big throttle body will lose at least what the intake gains you; it is way too large. Stick with your stock throttle body until you get into bigger horsepower. The intakes will get a few more ponies, but you are not addressing the bottleneck of the heads, so they will only do a little bit. Ditching the smog pump can be done without the eliminator bracket, you just have to re-route the belt. It is a decent upgrade more for getting all of that weight off of the nose of the engine than anything else. The pulleys are a good beginner upgrade, just be aware that it can begin to tax the electrical system. The mass-air swap is definitely worth it if you intend to swap the cam, otherwise it is a bit of a toss up. Remember that there are other options for tuning the speed-density system as well, such as the twEECer. Like the throttle body, 24lb injectors are incredible overkill. As for an estimated horsepower rating, I would guess that you might squeeze 195-200hp at the wheels, or ~245hp at the crank over the stock 225hp.

Wow

I must say i am very dissapointed that the parts i have are worthless at this point in development.
I have a few bucks saved so perhaps sooner than later now....
i should begin looking into heads and cams for my aplication.

I put the cold air intake on today. Its cool. So tempting to throw on the throttle body and call up my uncle for some help on the manifold.. BUT I SUPPOSE I MUST WAIT. SIGH...

The pulleys go on tom. w/ the removal of the smog pump.
Going to research a bit more and start lookin' into all the expensive internals.
I'll learn as i go along.

Thanks again.

You surely do not have to wait...just do not expect any sympathy when it does nothing to help you other than lightening the load in your pocket.

Saw car with same emblem and seat covers for sale?????

I definately have seen your vehicle for sale. Or possibly just the same seat covers, exterior black paint and "hood ornament". I remember vividly that same lincoln emblem on black paint.
Thought i saw it on cars.com a few months ago.
Do you think it was just a clone of yours. Because black is common, the seat covers or that fabric is prbly common enough too, but that lincoln hood ornament is what really stands out.

So whats the story on your car.
Was it yours?

Very curious to see just how small a world it is for us few Lincoln "owners"

ya dig?

I definately have seen your vehicle for sale. Or possibly just the same seat covers, exterior black paint and "hood ornament". I remember vividly that same lincoln emblem on black paint.
Thought i saw it on cars.com a few months ago.
Do you think it was just a clone of yours. Because black is common, the seat covers or that fabric is prbly common enough too, but that lincoln hood ornament is what really stands out.

So whats the story on your car.
Was it yours?

Very curious to see just how small a world it is for us few Lincoln "owners"

ya dig?

lol, it is one of a kind. There is not a single one out there like it, I promise. ;) It sold to another Mark VII lover in Pennsylvania.

so.....

its sold than.
I assume the pics in your profile are old than and belong to that vehicle.
what about the specs at the bottom of each one of your posts-are those specs on the new lincoln. if so-where are the pics to match.

gotta love that hood ornament.

its sold than.
I assume the pics in your profile are old than and belong to that vehicle.
what about the specs at the bottom of each one of your posts-are those specs on the new lincoln. if so-where are the pics to match.

gotta love that hood ornament.

My signature references a red 1992 Mark VII LSC SE, and I sold the black 1989 Mark VII BULLITT...you do the math. ;)

so...

where are the pics of the new beast. you have the specs of one car. and the pics of another. i dont get it.
where are the pics of the new mark man????????????????????????????

still dont get it.....(im tryin to do math) wonder about your profile

My signature references a red 1992 Mark VII LSC SE, and I sold the black 1989 Mark VII BULLITT...you do the math. ;)

So...
dude...
you change your pic to a pilot head shot.
you have OLD pics of a mark YOU SOLD.
And your signature as you put it, ref. the car you drive now(with no pics of right)

Its all very interesting to me.

Question about your signature info:
I thought the factory 5.0's were rated at 305 lbs torque....or just about at the STOCK CRANK.

So.....why is it that with all your mods the torque has not changed at all.
Are these perhaps ESTIMATE NUMBERS?
Confused.
Had to ask.

So...
dude...
you change your pic to a pilot head shot.
you have OLD pics of a mark YOU SOLD.
And your signature as you put it, ref. the car you drive now(with no pics of right)

Its all very interesting to me.

Question about your signature info:
I thought the factory 5.0's were rated at 305 lbs torque....or just about at the STOCK CRANK.

So.....why is it that with all your mods the torque has not changed at all.
Are these perhaps ESTIMATE NUMBERS?
Confused.
Had to ask.

My avatar picture is not a pilot...it is me. ;)

The stock engine numbers are 225HP and 300ft-lbs, but that is at the crank. The stock transmission and drivetrain saps about 20%, so those numbers drop drastically to the wheels. The numbers in the signature are at the wheels, dyno'd in January. The numbers are a little lower then they should be today, but I have not gone back to the dyno. Also, without changing displacement the torque is not always going to show the same results as horsepower.

As for pictures, it was not until you brought it up that I even remembered there is a photo gallery on this site. I just do not care about taking the pictures down, and the car I drive now is not pretty enough to be worth my time to take pictures. There are a few floating around from when I have shown wheels to people, but I spend my time doing things other then posting pictures of my ugly car. :cool:

To answer an unanswered question. You do not need #24 injectors until you get into major air delivery like heads cam all that stuff. and for that you will need to do the maf conversion. Stock injectors can be held to 300 hp. dont waste the money until you are running a radical setup that you need injectors, and you will know when that is ;)

To answer an unanswered question. You do not need #24 injectors until you get into major air delivery like heads cam all that stuff. and for that you will need to do the maf conversion. Stock injectors can be held to 300 hp. dont waste the money until you are running a radical setup that you need injectors, and you will know when that is ;)

That question was answered, in post #2, six months ago. You also do not have to go MAF for a new cam; you can either go with a cam that is SD friendly or tune the SD as an alternative

ahh yes i see that, and i didnt even look at the date or i wouldnta wasted time posting. But if you are going heads cam and intake... all that garbage it is best to maf convert. Plus you dont have to be a genius on cams for speed density... idk convenience pays for me..

Members online

No members online now.
Back