help w/ install

bigpappy33

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
ok guys im not a big radio smart guy, but i bought the PIE adapter to make an iPOD work with my factory radio. i have the 6 disc changer in the glove compartment. Well i installed everything plugged it all in have the rcas run and the ipod in, but it wont go to the "DJ" mode. i think i didnt put the purple power wire in the right place, but im not 100% sure where that is on the back of the Radio Power 16 pin connector. the wire has like a flat metal thing w/ a hole in the middle. IDK what to do w/ it? any help is appreciated

There is no DJ mode on your radio. It is only on the in dash 6-disc changers. The adapter will take over your cd changer port. Just hit the cd button like you would play a cd. You'll have to disconnect the cd changer for it to work.

So if i want to go between my cd player and iPOD i have to disconnect and reconnect it?

I believe that is correct. But check out Circuit City. I swear the one I put in my son's car came with a harness that allowed you to use both...just not at the same time. But that's been a while, so don't quote me on that.

I believe there are other adapters that have a switch built in, but the p.i.e. adapter does not. I'm pretty sure you can buy a toggle switch for it. It works like an a/b switch for a computer. I haven't listened to a cd in about two years since I've had an mp3 player, so I never bothered to add a switch.

big pappy.. i been emailin u about the body kit? what ever happened? we were all waiting on u..

Members online

Back