Help !!! Upper control arm replacement

cowels

LVC Member
Reaction score
I'm replacing the upper control arms on my 00 lincoln ls. The problem is the nut on the upper control arm won't come off its spinning with the screw. I've tried the holding the screw wit pliers thing I tried the nut splitter and still nothing please throw me some ideas.

Grab a hack saw (with a new blade) and cut through the ball joint stud.

That may be your last resort, if does of liquid wrench did not free off the threads a bit. Same happened when I replaced my rear upper - luckily I got a couple of turns out of it before the nut seized and the hex holding feature rounded itself off. Therefore I was able to use a hacksaw blade on the shank of the bolt between the hub mounting point and the nut. A good, fresh blade will chew through the bolt shank pretty quickly.

Question

That may be your last resort, if does of liquid wrench did not free off the threads a bit. Same happened when I replaced my rear upper - luckily I got a couple of turns out of it before the nut seized and the hex holding feature rounded itself off. Therefore I was able to use a hacksaw blade on the shank of the bolt between the hub mounting point and the nut. A good, fresh blade will chew through the bolt shank pretty quickly.

I need my rear lower control arms done. I bought those the shop said I needed rear tie rod assemblies. I can't find these any were. Does this car have them

Thank you. Why didn't they jus say that. Also can't find rear sway links either. Is the lateral arm an assembly or jus one part

Thank you. Why didn't they jus say that. Also can't find rear sway links either. Is the lateral arm an assembly or jus one part

Two lateral arms per LS rear suspension, one to dial in each side's toe angle. The sway links are available at rock auto or any auto parts store that carries Moog suspension parts.

Members online

No members online now.
Back