help sifter stuck

dertyclown

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I have a 97 mark VIII, it wants to stay in park, this just happond when I was geting gas. once out of park every thing is cool any Ideas what the problem is?

the same thing happened to me. it has to do with the on/off swith, or the "BOO" switch. i would post the link but it was hacked. driller was the one that gave me the info and diagrams *i think*. if u turn the key half way without starting the car, u can put it in neutral, and then start the car.

On my 00 stang it had the exact problem, made worse when you parked on an incline. No way could you get the car into gear (automatic). After a couple of trys it would go. It ended up being the neutral switch.

sweet that does not sound to bad where would I find the switch ???

The MLPS/NSS is bolted to side of the transmission (on the driver's side).

do you think I need a lift or would a jack do just fine? and cost what does a part like that go for?

happened to me too

in the driveway the other day on flat ground.I was in a hury and it needles to say pi$$ed me off alittle.Well I got out and rocked the L out of it and it was as if that never happened.I'm paying attention to this now.If it happens again I'l be replacing whatever needs to be replaced.O'well.I knew it was a netural safty switch with my limited knoledge.These safty deviced have on automatics for a long time.No biggie(except when yer in a big hurry.HaaaHa!).

neutral safety switch wont let the car start its either a broken wire off of the brake switch (just over the brake pedal) the brake switch itself or the brake switch interlock solonoid (its under the center councel on the shifter assy) it will be a little cylinder shaped piece that pushes a lever on the shifter assy you should be able to remove the councel and hit the brakes and see it move anouthe common problem is pop getting spilled doun there and the solonoid is pushing the lever but the lever is all gummy and not moving

sorry no pics here just know cuz i fix the very same probs on all kinds of fords all day long, if it is working now i would pull the center councel, turn the key to the run poss and hit the brake and you should see a cable along the right side of the shifter assy moving prob a inch or two, check to make sure what it pulls on moves freely if not get a can of brake clean and hose it then lube it, i personally think its a wire off of the brake switch that broke and is now making contact look over the brake pedal and you will see the switch it has a red with a green tracer wire and a green with red tracer wire and tug a LITTLE on the wires if they come out of the switch then their bad another thing is when it wouldent come out of park did the brake lights work??

2 8mm boults on drivers side of traney that was so simple all better now thanks

Members online

No members online now.
Back