Help requested

Starfire

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I have a number of cooling system parts that are dying (DCCV, Aux pump, and i suspect Degas bottle). I lack alot of the tools needed to do the work and space to do the work. Is there anyone near the Des Moines, IA area that would be willing to help out once the weather warms up?

Wish I could help you buddy, but I'm too far away. If anything I'm sure we are more than willing to help you locate the tools, parts, instructions, and provide you with advice regarding your repairs.

I live in madrid north of des moines im willing to help any time you want. Pm me and we could set something up if you want.

From reading the guide located at http://deneau.info/ls/ is see the instructions for the degas bottle, DCCV, and Aux Water pump call for the radiator to be drain and a specialty tool RADKITPLUS 078-00497 (ST2b1b-a) to be used. Is this truelly need or is there another way to do this.

I wouldnt worry about that, I just drained and pulled apart my cooling system and had no problems refilling and bleeding.

Do these part numbers look correct for 2004 Gen2 parts
AUX pump 1W4H-18D474-AA
DCCV (YG378) 2R8Z-18495-AA
Degas bottle 5W4Z-8A080-AA

T-stat, T-stat housing, and coolant crossover pipe were replaced by an independant shop in november

...T-stat, T-stat housing, and coolant crossover pipe were replaced by an independant shop in november

If they didn't replace the 9N499 pipe that is below that, you'll probably be taking those parts off again to replace that pipe soon.
Also, the two major radiator hoses have plastic sections that will fail, sooner or later.

Since i'm sure the fuel filter hasn't been changed on this car how much of a pain in the neck is that?
Might as well consider other maintenance while i'm at it you know

Fuel filters not bad to change. You have to pull the left front inner fender though. I did mine about 2 months ago.

Members online

No members online now.
Back