Help regarding TC A/C

jame7

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
My town car is 2006 signature limited.
I have a problem in AC that the air flow is very deficient (few air coming out) even when the fan in the highest speed.
Also sometimes over 120 km/Hr speed the A/C is not cold.

Please help to find the solution for my problems.
:confused:

Thanks

no response???
no one faced this problem??

Im having a similar problem as well with my 06 Designer. I just replaced the orifice tube with the severe service unit then sucked the system down and recharged. It shows about 45 PSI on the low side service port but the duct temp is only about 60 degrees at highway speed. I am starting to think I have a duct problem but I have been unable to find a diagram of the duct work and blend doors and what not so far. My high pressure line gets so hot you cant touch it and the low pressure side gets almost frozen so it seems like the AC is working as far as under the hood is concerned. Also the volume of air coming out of the ducts seems kind of low as well.

I took mine to the local dealership....turns out the compressor was bad and leaking around the shaft coating the pulley in oil. But after declining the $1100 repair quote they talked to ford and warranteed the compressor. I paid $250 for the deductible. :D Works awesome now...even here in phoenix where it was 112* today.

Members online

Back