help please.

freshkid87

LVC Member
Reaction score
2001 lincoln ls v8,, sears decided to allign my car ,,,upon return the advance trac light starts blinking i take it back they said i need it calibrated they didnt have the tool, the nearest ford dealership is 200 miles away lol, what can i do manually?

are you sure they accidently didnt touch the advance trac button ? this is just a guess it happens

Here's a very important question for you. With the steering wheel straight and level, does the car go straight? If not, they don't have the steering centered, it will cause problems for the AdvanceTrac. I am still amazed when I go for an alignment, they test drive it, and then hand it over to me with the steering off center.

If this is what happened, the correct solution is to correctly center the steering wheel, not to recalibrate the steering sensor.

Here's a very important question for you. With the steering wheel straight and level, does the car go straight? If not, they don't have the steering centered, it will cause problems for the AdvanceTrac. I am still amazed when I go for an alignment, they test drive it, and then hand it over to me with the steering off center.

If this is what happened, the correct solution is to correctly center the steering wheel, not to recalibrate the steering sensor.
Hey joegr-if my alignment is off, will it make the warning light go on? My car feels like it's pulling to the right-the tires are almost done, so it could be that too, but what should I look for? I keep clearing the advance trac warning for 10 mins or so by holding down the traction control light, but haven't driven it very much since I got it last week.

Hey joegr-if my alignment is off, will it make the warning light go on? My car feels like it's pulling to the right-the tires are almost done, so it could be that too, but what should I look for? I keep clearing the advance trac warning for 10 mins or so by holding down the traction control light, but haven't driven it very much since I got it last week.

You (and Mike Elston) really need to read the DTC's to see what is going on. Note that not all OBDII readers will pick up the ABS and AdvanceTrac codes.

You (and Mike Elston) really need to read the DTC's to see what is going on. Note that not all OBDII readers will pick up the ABS and AdvanceTrac codes.
So you think I should go to the Lincoln dealer?

So you think I should go to the Lincoln dealer?
This is the LAST thing I want to do~ We work with Tuffy for our repairs, I'm going to ask today if they have the equipment to read it properly

Members online

No members online now.
Back