Help Please!!

free139stylz

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Ok so I was trying to install a FM modulator into my stock head unit when trying to take the face plate off I took off the climate control face plate and I had the key on so i could take it out of park and get the ashtray out when I did that the back of the climate control hit a screw and a little bit of smoke came out from what look like the head unit or climate control....... now when I turn my key everything comes on but the engine it wont even turn like the starter fuse is blown but I checked that. The radio still comes on and works fine but the climate control wont come on i guess thats just because the cars not starting well if anyone has any ideas it would be much appreciated

sounds like it may be an anti theft problem, or a blown fuse like you stated... dont know which one though.. Gota be extra careful diggin in the dash.. I'll see what i can find..

But my climate control section doesnt even come on with my radio so i think I fried it or somthing when it hit the screw :( I dunno but this is :q:q:q:qty Still have gotten this damn modulator in.

does anyone know if theres any way to reset the anti theft modulator>??? I think thats why its not letting my car start.

free139stylz said:
does anyone know if theres any way to reset the anti theft modulator>??? I think thats why its not letting my car start.

Put everything back together and then disconnect the battery for a while. Then reconnect and try starting it again.

mholhut said:
Put everything back together and then disconnect the battery for a while. Then reconnect and try starting it again.
+1 did the same thing once (learned to take the key out and discont power!!) also did your interior light go out?? mine did thats when i knew i was in trouble with the anti theft !!! left battery off for 1 hour or so and fixed its self, as far as the ac might have shorted it out! hope not im sure it not cheap to fix goodluck

I dunno im gonna try to do that today!!! yea i know I dont have AC anymore! anyone know how much they would be?

I would hope the fuse protected you from frying any components. Did you check every fuse on the car? There are a lot of them that are interconnected to the components. If the unit is toast, check eBay. I have seen a couple there recently that went cheap.

Yea I unhooked the battery and it still wont turn over!!! its weird because everything but my lights, ac, and three windows dont work. The drivers side window goes up and down but none of the other ones do. I checked all the fuses in the trunk and most of the in the driverside compartment, how do you check the big fuses in the trunk and under the hood?

Bummer. You can find those climate controls pretty cheap on ebay now and then. Did you try taking the radio and climate control totally out and try starting the car?

I might have other ideas, but Mott's avatar always distracts me. :D

free139stylz said:
Yea I unhooked the battery and it still wont turn over!!! its weird because everything but my lights, ac, and three windows dont work. The drivers side window goes up and down but none of the other ones do. I checked all the fuses in the trunk and most of the in the driverside compartment, how do you check the big fuses in the trunk and under the hood?

You should post this on flatratetech.com in the ford section. Considering the complexity of the LS eletrical bus this might best be handled byFord techs.

Eeeek. Maybe the FEM, REM, Or PCM was roasted. I think I remember a thread on the other forum from someone who was installing the indiglo gauge cluster. Car wouldn't start after the dash cluster was removed. I think something had to be reset at the dealer. Call your local L/M service and tell them what you were doing and what happened and see if it's something that easy.

Well guys I guess its time to say bye to my brand new ls I only had it for 2 months and the dealer said what I did they cant fix it.... They said the whole thing is fried but how can that be when the only thing that doesnt work is my power windows ac and interior lights. But they said theres nothing they can do for me. All they did was charge me 200 dollars Thanks Ford :Bang

free139stylz said:
Well guys I guess its time to say bye to my brand new ls I only had it for 2 months and the dealer said what I did they cant fix it.... They said the whole thing is fried but how can that be when the only thing that doesnt work is my power windows ac and interior lights. But they said theres nothing they can do for me. All they did was charge me 200 dollars Thanks Ford :Bang

so they are telling you the car isnt fixable? dead, wont ever start again?

free139stylz said:
Yup They said they cant fix it!!!

WOW. I really can't believe that. Find another shop and get your money back...or just buy another LS so you can swap parts out. :)

Sounds like some frustrating crap for sure. I could have told you that for $200.00. Anything can be fixed with a schematic. In my previous life, I repaired electronics and was assigned "the dogs" (hard ones that people gave up on) quite a bit. I used to love doing that stuff. But...electronic equipment got disposable, so I don't do that professionally any more.

Members online

No members online now.
Back