Help Please 04 LS 3.9

martyb77

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Just picked up a 2004 LS, already did all 8 coils and plugs, new oil pan gasket, new battery. I am still getting a really rough idle, almost to the point of stalling, when first started in the morning. Once I am on the road for about 30 seconds the idle goes smooth and the car runs great. Any ideas of what else to look for, IAC, EGR, ???. I am going on a long road trip tomorrow and want this figured out before I leave.

Thanks all, love the car when its running well!

Type/quality of fuel? Mine did this a few times after filling-up with Costco gas. Ironically, it did it the next day at a different Costco...... Anyway, after a few rough idle starts the problem went away.

Your LS has no IAC, so you can strike that off.
It's not your EGR unless the check engine light is on and you have codes for excess flow.
It could be a dirty MAF.
It could be a fuel pressure issue.
It could be a vacuum leak.
I'd hook up a scan tool and look at the sensor readings while it is trying to stall.

Joe not to get off topic but does the fuel pressure sensor have anything to do with getting a fuel data error. The only reason I ask is I have an extra one lying around

Joe not to get off topic but does the fuel pressure sensor have anything to do with getting a fuel data error. The only reason I ask is I have an extra one lying around

I think that fuel data error is always communications to the REM or an issue with one of the two fuel level senders in the gas tank.

I have a similar issue with my 2004 LSE, but after a road trip mine tripped the check engine light. When I brought it into the shop the guys said is was the O2 sensors. They said that they could even see it trying to catch up with the fuel mixture and such when it was running while they had it connected up for testing and clearing the check engine light.

Does that sound right,?? I have not had them replaced yet as I have been too busy and I have my winter beater to drive in this winter wonderland of Minnesota.

--Slixter

Hi

:nos:

:steering

T-Money, I have a new one for us to use!

giveadamnex9.gif

clean your maf, its quick and easy and you prolly need to do it anyways.

Members online

No members online now.
Back