Help! Overheating issue that's abnormal!

Close. It's the upper radiator hose assembly. I did some cross referencing and I believe it's part number 8B502. It should come with two rubber hoses attached

Yeah I found the upper hose on Amazon. Same with the degas bottle. Seems like my best bet will be Amazon or ebay so far as my local part store is wanting almost double the price

Degas bottle needs to be Motorcraft or Jaguar (Jaguar one has to be modified to fit the LS). Dorman and the other aftermarket brands seem to last from 0 days to 6 months.

Guess it's a good thing I checked this before ordering that then. I'll throw down the extra money for that then. Also, I want to check my bleed line for the heater core and make sure it isn't gunked up, where exactly does it attach to?

Some metal pipes on the firewall. The Motorcraft degas bottle comes with a new heater bleed.

So I went to the next town over and went ahead and grabbed everything I needed as far as plastic parts go. Got home and started tearing in to everything. Went to replace the radiator and found where my issues were. Apparently when I was replacing my thermostatic control for my electric fan and repositioning the fan itself, i made a hole in one of the veins. Not big enough to make itself obvious, but big enough to keep me from being able to properly bleed the system. New radiator, new pump, and essentially a whole new cooling system and everything is as it should be. Thoroughly flushed with new coolant and distilled water as recommended. Thanks to everyone who provided assistance and ideas.

Members online

No members online now.
Back