Help Out...

01Lincoln_LS

LVC Member
Reaction score
OK SO MY GAS MILEAGE IT EITHER GOOD FOR LIKE A WEEK AND IT TAKES A :q:q:q:q,I HAVE A 2001 LINCOLN LS, IM GETTING LIKE 14 MPG, I HAVE LIKE 98,000 MILE ON IT, IV CHANGED ALL MY COILS, SPARK PLUGS, VALVE COVER GASKITS DONE, ANY IDEAS ON WHY IM GET BAD MPG.\, ID APPRICIATE IT

Fuel filter been changed?

Try running some fuel system cleaner through it too.

+1
will be changing my fuel filter this weekend
some guys seem to experience a 3 to 4 MPG increase espcially if yours hasnt been changed with 90K miles, good luck let us know if anything helps it

Lay off the lead foot... that might net you more mpg's..

yeah i dont really drive to fast lol, but i just cant figure out what the problem is, i work at a lincoln car dealer and i'v had a few ppl check it out but no luck

They only supposedly get 14 city, per the window sticker I have. Forget the highway mileage off hand.

14? I get 18/24.

Awe man, let's not start this again. :D I'm not getting 14 strictly city driving, but I'm not getting much better than that at 15.6-16.0. My car only has 24k miles on it, I've already replaced the valve covers for preventative maintenance (coil wells were dry as a bone), I drive like a grandma, and it's pretty damn flat around here. So I assume if you had a habit of accelerating quickly, then I'd say 14 probably isn't out of the question. However, I guess I need to ask again though, how is it that people are getting 18-20 MPG out of their V8 LS with 100% city driving?

Most all of my driving is city driving, and I won't lie... my right foot needs to go on a diet. I get about 13.6 to 14.5 mpg.
It may be a small V8, but none the less... it is a V8 and my foot is heavy.

14? I get 18/24.

My mistake. You're correct.

P1010035.jpg

I've been looking at 300C SRT8s lately and got mixed up. :shifty:

Still, though, mine gets nowhere near 18 city - and that's the majority of my driving.

The MPG estimates for vehicles have always been a fair amount off from what the vehicles actually get, even given moderate driving habits. They've changed this starting this year, so that the estimates are more accurate.

Starting in model year 2008, estimates will reflect the effects of

* Faster Speeds & Acceleration
* Air Conditioner Use
* Colder Outside Temperatures

Check out http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/ratings2008.shtml for more info.

Like NYC LS8 said, he gets nowhere near the 18 MPG in town. So, quoting the EPA estimates for your car probably isn't very accurate. Actually calculating the mileage from fill-up to fill-up is probably a better way to determine what you're actually getting. :D Also, the est. average readout from the LS message center isn't always that accurate either, though it is close.

I get like 12-15 city depending on how many red lights I hit and how bad my case of lead foot is that particular day. I get around 22-24 on the highway. -

somewhat on topic

is it 100% necessary to remove the drivers side front wheel to get to the fuel filter or can it be done without removing the wheel. does removing the wheel just make it alot easier.

Wrong, I did mine w/o ever taking the wheel off.

Just had to jack it up on stands and then just turn the wheel to the right.

Unless of course you have 20's lol.

i do have the 20's maybe that's why i couldn't do it. but in all honestly instead of being in a confined working area, why not just remove the wheel, it's not a difficult job.

Why make an extra step if you don't have to?

Members online

No members online now.
Back