HELP!!!! No Sound from Newly Installed radio...???

sanchke

New LVC Member
Reaction score
I just attempted to replace my stock radio with a Kenwood Stereo with a D-Faceplate. For some strange reason, I cannot hear any sound. I see the equalizer on the digital screen going crazy but no sound. I have a 1990 LTC. Can someone please advise?

:Bang :mad: :dj:

Thanks

Hi Sanchke

sanchke said:
I just attempted to replace my stock radio with a Kenwood Stereo with a D-Faceplate. For some strange reason, I cannot hear any sound. I see the equalizer on the digital screen going crazy but no sound. I have a 1990 LTC. Can someone please advise?

:Bang :mad: :dj:

Thanks

It you have connected your aftermarket radio using the original Ford ampilfier you will need to connect the blue wire in the original harness to a switched live, usually the power antenna wire.

Regards

Dereck

I have a 91 town Car and i put in a Kenwood stereo in my car and i had to get a by-pass cable that by-passed the factory amp and i got sound. Any good car stereo shop should have a by-pass cable.

In my MVII I had to bypass the amp as well. But with my old Sony reciever that I had in there. Didn't need to bypass. I used 84' hook ups. Because it was in my 84' MVII and slapped it in my 90' with no probs. But when I recieved my new Sony reciever. I had to pypass it with the new cables I got with it. . .

Hi Guys

You do not have to bypass the factory amplifier to fit an aftermarket radio, Click Here for all you ever wanted to know about Town Car radio wiring.

Regards

Dereck

Dereck,

I am no expert or even a novice. Will that normally take care of it? I see everything as if it is playing but now sound. I will try what you suggested and I will get back and let you know if it worked.

Thanks
Kenny Sanchez :L

pepperman said:
I have a 91 town Car and i put in a Kenwood stereo in my car and i had to get a by-pass cable that by-passed the factory amp and i got sound. Any good car stereo shop should have a by-pass cable.

thats excatly what it is....you either run it through the stock amp, but its better to by-pass it, and remove the stock one....

Members online

No members online now.
Back