Help needed radio harness

Jyoshida

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone, new member here, I have a 2001 V8 Non-Sport 50k miles
I am Currently trying to install the Parrot Mki9000 in my car but I am looking for a wire harness for a direct Plug & Play, i do have the Stock Alpine Radio with the 12 speakers. If anyone can please post a link to direct me to a web site where I can purchase a harness that is compatible with the parrot Mki9000 and my radio it would be much appreciated.

now while that harness is the closest thing you are gonna find for a direct plug in, there are a couple of things to note...

parrots are designed for integration of basic four speaker/channel stereo systems. if you are listening to and of the OEM radios sources (CD, FM, ect...) and you get a phone call, the parrot will only mute the door speakers, it will not mute the center console effect speaker or the OEM subs. the harness kit does not interface with this harness.

this isnt too hard of a problem to fix, all you would need to do would be to use a relay triggered off of the parrots mute wire to open the connection to the OEM amp turn on wires.

also because of the above, this means that if you are listening to one of the parrots sources (aux in, BT audio, USB...) the sound will not come out of the factory subs.

usually for the price you pay for a lot of the top parrot systems, you could easily replace the factory radio with one that will have all of these features all built in to one that will function much more smoothly and consistently especially in sound quality.

now while that harness is the closest thing you are gonna find for a direct plug in, there are a couple of things to note...

parrots are designed for integration of basic four speaker/channel stereo systems. if you are listening to and of the OEM radios sources (CD, FM, ect...) and you get a phone call, the parrot will only mute the door speakers, it will not mute the center console effect speaker or the OEM subs. the harness kit does not interface with this harness.

this isnt too hard of a problem to fix, all you would need to do would be to use a relay triggered off of the parrots mute wire to open the connection to the OEM amp turn on wires.

also because of the above, this means that if you are listening to one of the parrots sources (aux in, BT audio, USB...) the sound will not come out of the factory subs.

usually for the price you pay for a lot of the top parrot systems, you could easily replace the factory radio with one that will have all of these features all built in to one that will function much more smoothly and consistently especially in sound quality.

No need to go through all of that. The factory radio has a phone mute input signal that will pause the audio source. It then says phone on the radio display. There is also a line level audio input for the phone audio and the amplifier in the radio will then pump the audio to the speakers. You can then also control the phone call volume level with the volume knob on the radio.
I have some posts somewhere on here about how to do it. I have a parrot connected to my 06 this way. I used to have one connected to my 04 that way as well. (The 04 now has a headunit with Bluetooth phone built in.)

Okay
Can you post the link please? I just want to make sure I want to wire it right and get the right harness before I purchase everything. Also I have the stock alpine amplified system and I've herd you need a different harness for the amplified system witch I can't find anywhere

Some threads on it.
http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/fo...6-Mobile-Ease-vs-Parrot-Bluetooth-for-THX-Nav
http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/forum/showthread.php?49095-Bluetooth-harness
http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/fo...4-Can-you-put-Bluetooth-in-car-for-Cell-phone

Somewhere there's a thread showing it with a non-nav radio (The connections are the same). I think that somewhere I identified the pin numbers on the connectors on the back of the radio needed if you don't buy one of the harnesses.

With the price of the parrot system and harness involved, a cheap $120 Pioneer HU with Bluetooth phone/music streaming will do the trick. Even adding in steering remote adapter will still cost below $200 and everything is well integrated.

With the price of the parrot system and harness involved, a cheap $120 Pioneer HU with Bluetooth phone/music streaming will do the trick. Even adding in steering remote adapter will still cost below $200 and everything is well integrated.

That all depends on what you want. I haven't found anything that approaches the functionality and quality of the parrot in any aftermarket headunits in the $700 and under range. The parrot that I have is truly hands free. I just have to say the attention word that I set and then give a command such as dial so-and-so. No buttons to touch.

that would sure make it easier than using the "T" harness option.

so then you would just tap the parrots mute wire into the radios mute wire and then the parrots signal wires would tap in to the radio input wires at the harness.

does this feature work on all stereo options? (and across both generations?)

Finding this harness is a B!tch,
They make one but no one has one... I'm praying I can find one.
And I'm hoping you guys happen go come across one too

...does this feature work on all stereo options? (and across both generations?)

Most, but I'm not sure on all. If there's a phone or mute button, then it'll work. If not, it may still work. This was a feature of most Ford radios for a long time.

Members online

No members online now.
Back