Help Needed Before The Next Rainy Day.

H

HighRule

I got my car back on the road (will make new post with coil and other info).

I'm tired of having a flooded car when it rains and we've had some heavy rain for a couple days straight. I was reading a topic the other day on how to remove the sun visor but I can't figure it out and have almost destroyed my passenger visor cover closest to the door. I know you have to use a flat head screwdriver to pop the cover loose to get to the screws. I must be an idiot cause I can't get it.

Can someone please show a picture of the best way to take it off or even a video of the process? The video should be only a couple seconds long but do a lot more help.

Thanks in advance.

at work right now , sorry no vid. But if you slide the flat head between the plastic cover and the headliner you should see the plastic move some. Take different angles and look at where the plastic moves most. That would be the side to attack. Just slide the flathead in there and twist some. I had to put that hose on about a month ago. Trying to get the hose on was the worst part for me.

at work right now , sorry no vid. But if you slide the flat head between the plastic cover and the headliner you should see the plastic move some. Take different angles and look at where the plastic moves most. That would be the side to attack. Just slide the flathead in there and twist some. I had to put that hose on about a month ago. Trying to get the hose on was the worst part for me.

I've done that. I've tried on all sides and twisted a little bit and my plastic cover gets messed up. I've even pulled out the the visor from it to see it that would make it easier. It didn't.

When it's cold out my windows get condensation on them on the inside. Could this be because of the drain plug and moisture coming in?

OK. I was able to get under the headliner last night and more tonight. I had to buy some hoses since mine shrunk maybe 2-3 inches. I used 1 1/2 inches of black rubber hose to go over the nipple. I inserted a hard hose that fit snug into the new rubber one and the old shrunken one. I used a zip tie to hold it to the nipple and a hose clamp on the seem of the meeting hoses to also hold the harder inner hose in place. The inner hose goes into the old drain hose about 3-4 inches. Hopefully this fixes the issue.

On a side note. I will not be upgrading my interior lights. I don't want to mess with taking the headliner down again.

Thanks for all the advice and info.

OK. I was able to get under the headliner last night and more tonight. I had to buy some hoses since mine shrunk maybe 2-3 inches. I used 1 1/2 inches of black rubber hose to go over the nipple. I inserted a hard hose that fit snug into the new rubber one and the old shrunken one. I used a zip tie to hold it to the nipple and a hose clamp on the seem of the meeting hoses to also hold the harder inner hose in place. The inner hose goes into the old drain hose about 3-4 inches. Hopefully this fixes the issue.

On a side note. I will not be upgrading my interior lights. I don't want to mess with taking the headliner down again.

Thanks for all the advice and info.

I barely was able to attach mine the last time I was in there. Where did you get the 1 1/2 in hose from?

I barely was able to attach mine the last time I was in there. Where did you get the 1 1/2 in hose from?

I had the same problem with not being able to pull the hose up and reattach it. I bought the black rubber hose from Autozone and the hard inner hose from True Value. The hard inner hose is something I believe would be used for a fridge water line. I ened up buying 2 sizes of each since I didn't know what size I needed. I spent a total for $4 for all the hoses. Very little to spend if it worked LOL. I hope it fixes the issue.

Members online

Back