Help... need caliper bracket bolts 98 Mark VIII

Frat-man-du

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I had one come out and the other sheared off

Any one got a pair I can buy? I can do PayPal fast!!!

You got a junk yard near by? Might be quicker then waiting for someone to ship some.

Do you know if Gen 1 and Gen 2 are the same? If the Gen 1 is still in the yard near me, I'll try and get them today for you.

Bracket-to-knuckle: M12x1.5x51 mm, hardness 9.10 (I think), washer "build-in"
Caliper-to-bracket: M8x1.0x(20-22) mm, hardness 8.

Any autohardware shop?

Thanks for the replys. I tried a couple of my local auto hardware including a body shop supply ...they carry all kinds of cool weird hardware. No Marks in any of my local junkyards which by the way local means 90 minutes
I did however find one 97 Thunderbird with the tire off and I was able to grab one bolt and one off a Ford ranger. Boy is it hard getting those off about an impact gun!!!

Any company like Fastenal can get you what you need. They make every conceivable Grade and thread. If your profile is implying you're in Europe then I'm sure it's a lot harder to get Lincoln parts.

Glad you got a some replacements, and can hopefully deal with the sheared off one. Ford uses thread locker from the factory on them. I am not sure that you would need the medium or strong stuff with those larger bolts, I personally use medium which is disassemble-able with hand tools, but it is a large bolt and does go through heat cycles.

It was obvious on my 97 Mark VIII that the shop couldn't remove the caliper bracket and that they also couldn't get the rotors off (I could see where they beat on the rotors trying to get them loose, thinking they could get them off without getting the caliper bracket off). Super long breaker bar and having done these brakes many times before (97 Cougar has same brakes, also put them on my 89 Cougar) so knowing how to access the bolts and how high up the car needs to be to get them loose, helped.

Members online

No members online now.
Back