*Help! Need A Boost!*

slabls

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
ok i need to know if there is any way possible i could boost my car from the inside the hood...

somebody please help me, my father is gone out of town and my car is backed in the drive way with the trunk directly in front of the garage and my fathers truck is directly in front of the ls...

stupid me for playing the radio for a straight hour washing the car...

worst case you could move his truck, jack up the car from the differential and roll it forward enough to use the key to open the trunk, just an idea :)

worst case you could move his truck, jack up the car from the differential and roll it forward enough to use the key to open the trunk, just an idea :)

Never use the rear differential as a jacking point.

Can't you just put the key in the ignition, turn it to the run position, put the car in gear and then push it away from the garage?

One of these would come in handy. Mine has saved my ass a few times on some beaters I've owned.

AAAAAuqLiekAAAAAAJeKwg.png

Mark

There's a distribution block in the passenger front wheel well that you can use to jump it. You have to remove the rear half of the liner to get to it IIRC.

passenger side wheel well there is a positive terminal, it is behind the wheel well cover toward the back and the bottom i believe.

I'm not understanding whats going on here? A key in the ignition and you can put it neutral and roll it from the garage. If you cant roll it because your dads truck is in the way then what good will a jump do if the truck cant be moved, your LS is stuck either way? Am i missing some important detail?

well i decided to stop being lazy and i went out there and put it in neutral and carefully guided it into the middle of the street and got a boost....
it was hard as hell getting it around my pops truck by myself in this cool weather...

maybe you shouldn't be trying to sneek off in dads car when he's out of town. either that or you've been grounded from the car an he parked his truck there on purpose.

Last edited:
Read your owners manual about jacking points you would see the the warning.

maybe you shouldn't be trying to sneek off in dads car when he's out of town. either that or you've been grounded from the car an he parked his truck there on purpose.

I used to do that with my Dad's '87 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe. That was a fun/odd car.

Members online

No members online now.
Back