Help me!!???

chamster94

LVC Member
Reaction score
I just recently swapped out my motor, and now I'm dealing with the hydraulic fan issue... sad day. on start up it doesn't move unless I push it and even then it never matches my rpms or switches settings. I know the bearings are going cause I can here it whine sometimes but should I try replacing the 200 solenoid 1st to see if it will change settings from low speed to high speed ?

car is a 2000 with 5 speed manual engine has 150k rest of the car has 236k

You speed actuator may or may not be a part of the problem. However, I think there is more to it if the fan won't start by itself.
(Also, I think that replacing only two of the six COPs was a mistake.)

Great. Well I hope my other engine has a good actuator. I don't wanna pay 200 for a new one, and how come you feel it was a mistake ?

Sent from my LGUS990 using Tapatalk

.....and how come you feel it was a mistake ?

'cause you'll be replacing the other 4 soon.... It's much better to do them all (as well as the plugs) at once; ESPECIALLY on the V6 with all the work needed to access the passenger side.

It's not that bad only took me 30 min to access them, and I've replaced all plugs at once as well as both intake gaskets when I had everything apart.

It's not that bad only took me 30 min to access them, and I've replaced all plugs at once as well as both intake gaskets when I had everything apart.

After 3 times my best time for plug/coil replacement was 3 hours. It's also not like I've never changed plugs before. I could do my '65 (actually a '64 1/2) Mustang with the 289 in about 30 minutes.

What's your secret to quick access to the passenger side? There are many parts that need to be removed to get the intake plenum off.

After 3 times my best time for plug/coil replacement was 3 hours. It's also not like I've never changed plugs before. I could do my '65 (actually a '64 1/2) Mustang with the 289 in about 30 minutes.

What's your secret to quick access to the passenger side? There are many parts that need to be removed to get the intake plenum off.
Well I just took the air inlet hose off and left all the hoses in place And pulled intake to the right side of engine. Then boom access granted lol

You are risking your catalytic converters. If two were bad enough to replace, then at least some of the rest are marginal enough to be lightly misfiring, possibly without you noticing at all.

Funny story. Don't have cats. Cut the out. So not to concerned there.

well if you had any coil that was not working perfectly that you put onto those new plugs, then that plug is also probably bad now.

Why are you concerned about this ? My post is about my fan, and why it's not working properly. To answer your concern though I only replaced the 2 coils cause they were brittle & cracked already around the bolt mounts. I replaced all the plugs, 2 coils, intake & valve cover gaskets while engine was in the car. I have no concern about damaged cats or why I should or should not replace things separately. I would just like help with my fan issue. I was contemplating an electric fan & getting rid of hydraulic system.

honestly, I could give two sh!ts about damaging cats, just warning that your course of action may be causing damage to parts that you just replaced, but seems you've got it under control, have a good day.

as far as your fan goes, you either screwed something up during the install of the new motor, or one (or more) of the parts that you switched over are bad. many many threads on this.

Lol I'm aware what could happ.en. I was just baffled that more people had opionions on my tune up vs even remotely answering the question I have about my hydraulic fan issuse. Didn't change or replace any part of hydraulic system still the same way from donor car.

Most didn't answer the fan question because troubleshooting it is complicated and there are several threads on the subject. Most of us don't want to repeat all of it yet again. Use Google site search.

Was it working on the donor car?
Did you bleed it?

I saw that but none of the previous issuse posted had what I am experiencing with mine. Yes I used a vac and fill to get air out of system them put fresh fluid in. I am going to see if actuator from bad engine is still good.

while your exact circumstance wasn't mentioned in any of the previous threads, the fan not spinning or not spinning fast enough is in all most all of them. that said, their problems are the same as yours...

I suspect there is cavitation in the pump. Might want to bleed the system. I know that there is a proper refill procedure for when the pump is replaced or the system worked on.

while your exact circumstance wasn't mentioned in any of the previous threads, the fan not spinning or not spinning fast enough is in all most all of them. that said, their problems are the same as yours...

This...

Try throwing a brick at while it's running ... might start working again ... 50/50 chance.

So just an update if anybody is actually still interested.

I pulled 2 solenoids from the junk yard and from the old engine I swapped. Has anybody experienced no pressure in the system at all and the fan barely moves at all ? I have read a few threads & (none that I've read said they didn't have any pressure in the system) they've all changed solenoid & the actuation returned. I don't think this issue point to a solenoid, but I still have them just in case.

Members online

No members online now.
Back