Help me redo my exhaust

OK guys. How about this idea:

How about this (from the cats back) a Magnaflow 2/2 with built in Xpipe in the tunnel where the 3rd cat goes. 2.5" pipe leading into two 12" glasspacks wrapped with long, LX tips, as shown in the picture.

The Magnaflow is probably not enough to keep the drone down, so I'm thinking hopefully the glasspacks will help? What do you think?

I got the idea to slip the glasspacks inside the LX-style tailpipes (just like the Mark VII guys do it) from 02LSE96LSC91SE84TC. The glasspacks are 12" long and 4" wide, and the tips are 24" long and 4" wide too. How can I secure them??

Striving for the perfect exhaust note is very difficult when all you're dealing with is a Summit catalog :( I already spent a crap load on one exhaust, now I gotta pay to redo it...

i-MarkVIII%20Back&Drvr.JPG

i-MarkVIII%20Pipes.JPG

The glass paks I used were 3 1/2" diameter, I stuck some stuff around them to hold them centered then welded them. The tips I used had a 2 1/2" hole, the paks were 2" style, the pak stuck throu the tip hole, thats where it got welded, remember mine are on stock exhaust. You can't fit the 4" diameter pak in the tip and thats the diameter of the 2 1/2" pak. Thats why when I do mine again I'm doing the same as you, NO glass packs, of coarse same tips as I did the first time. I don't think it will be to loud since the sound clip MarkVIII93 posted sounded great to me. Besides the pak in the tip echos in the car, the exhaust is still stock before the tips and I picked up alot of interior noise, I'm assuming its echoing, its the only possibility.

You don't have to ditch our mufflers.

We have installed the twin tipped versions on many a Gen 1's and they fit into the oval cutouts real nice and tight.

Or if you do not have cutouts just get them done at a bodyshop. Its easy and cheap. Alot cheaper then redoing the whole system.

I don't know what you consider "nice and tight" but my twin tips don't fit in the cutouts at all. They sit under the bumper. Thanks for your interest but I wanted those LX tips anyway. I need to redo my catback.

I have one local Guy that we did the twin tips on his gen 1. Ill post pics when the Weather breaks. But they fit sweet as hell.

Also make sure you cut off the assembly line drag hooks, this will buy you about 1.75 inches of space to move the mufflers up further into the body.

Members online

No members online now.
Back