Help Me Out: No Start

Fastbird

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
In relation to my other thread (That's It), I've done some tinkering today:

Motor is cranking. Fuel pressure when cranking is 43-45 PSI. Car does NOT feel like it's getting any spark. The engine cranking is dead consistent with no fluctuations.

Any ideas???

HUGE THANKS go out to Mac!!! He helped me verify that the motor is flooded almost immediately. You are the man!

Good news. Got it started last night. Pulled the injector fuse (fuse #5 in the underhood block) and cranked it a couple of times for about 30 seconds each. Put the fust back in and put the gas to the floor and cranked, 10 seconds later she sputtered to life. Kept modulating the throttle to keep her running and she settled down. Took her out for a spin and a fill up (lost a TON of gas from the flooding) and she acted like nothing had happened.

Best part: Fired right up this morning for the drive to work.

Thanks Mac!!!!

That's great to hear! LvC to the rescue!! Members helping members....doesn't get any better than that.

Good to hear your cars up to par again man. Have you decided if you want to get wheels or anything yet? Or are you not keeping it?

Well, I told the wife it's her call to keep it or not as it's mainly her car. She's on the fence about it and right now is scared of it leaving her stranded. More to follow though as I know that she and I both want to keep it but praticality may dictate otherwise. If we keep it then we'll be getting sheels in the interim.

We did look at a 03 Passat last night, and while very nice, it is nowhere NEAR up to par with the LS. We didn't drive it, but the interior was just too plain. Nice car overall.

Your are welcome, glad I could help you out. Nice to hear it also fired up in the morning, like nothing happened the day prior.

Good luck with everything else. Keep us posted.

Mac

Members online

Back