Help - Mass airflow sensor/airfilter/throttle body

Since we are on the topic of MAS. I also have a 02 V8 Sport. Never had a problem with the MAS as far as I know. Car has 115k on the odometer. Would it pay me to take out the MAS and give it a shot of TV tuner/contact cleaner and carefully wipe off the wires that have been refered to? Thanks.

Use CRC's MAF sensor cleaner. It really is the best thing for it. Some other electronics cleaners can be bad in the long run.

Gen I or II, if all you have is Traction control, then yes just push the TC off button to turn off traction control. (Spinning tire symbol on button)

Gen I or II, if you have Advancetrac, then it works differently. Press the Advanctrac button once to turn Advancetrac off, but Traction Control will stay on. Press and hold the Advancetrac off button for a few seconds to turn traction control off.

You do understand that Advancetrac and Traction Control are two different things?

Traction Control keeps the rear wheels from spinning (much).

All LS's have at least Traction Control.

Advancetrac works very hard to keep the car moving in the direction that you are steering it in. It uses the brakes on all four wheels, not just the rear ones.

Advancetrac is an option that some LS's have.

No.

I had an 01 and my dad has 03 LS V8 with Advancetrac. On both of them you just hit the button once and EVERYTHING is off.

Do dates mean nothing around here?

A date is a day, month or year specified by number.

I was searching for p2106 CEL code solution. It looks like you would be the one to tell me to use search since there are million of threads about it already.

If I broke a forum rule let me know.

A date is a day, month or year specified by number.

I was searching for p2106 CEL code solution. It looks like you would be the one to tell me to use search since there are million of threads about it already.

If I broke a forum rule let me know.
I never tell anyone to do that. The reason being, when you start searching you come across many more posts that just result in someone saying "please use search" and it makes it even more difficult to find your info. So if I ever say that, I will also post the info you're looking for if I know it... but it's rare I will tell someone to use the search first.

Members online

Back