*Help* identifying this part I broke

Cronos

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey all, I accidentally broke this piece off while taking my intake mani off. I need to replace asap. Which part is this? It connects to the image mani via a skinny hose. Thank you!

20170921_184854.jpg

You need the whole plastic hose assembly. If you want the part number, you should post the year and engine (yes, I can tell that it's the V6, but not which generation for certain).

If it is gen II, then you need 3W4Z-8260-AA
3W4Z-8260-AA - Ford Parts Giant

In an emergency, you can use a good epoxy compound and seal a small bolt into that hole while you wait for the hose. Also you would need to plug the hose that goes into that nipple to keep the system closed. I ran mine this way for a couple of years.

It's a 2005 lincoln ls v6. I hopefully ordered the right hose assembly on amazon. Mile, that wouldn't be bad for the car? Isn't that blocking the coolant from entering the manifold?

...Isn't that blocking the coolant from entering the manifold?

No. It's blocking any air in the engine cooling loop from going to the degas bottle and being expelled. If everything else is good, under normal circumstances, there won't be any air.

No. It's blocking any air in the engine cooling loop from going to the degas bottle and being expelled. If everything else is good, under normal circumstances, there won't be any air.
Wow I had no idea. Can you please guide me to the type of bolt and epoxy to use? That'll save me. 80ish for the hose assembly... And time..

Wow I had no idea. Can you please guide me to the type of bolt and epoxy to use? That'll save me. 80ish for the hose assembly... And time..

Please don't mistake my explanation of this hack as an endorsement of any sort. I am against doing this. I was only trying to state the facts. My recommendation is that you not only replace this assembly, but all the other plastic cooling system parts as well. It broke so easily because the plastic has degraded with use. The rest of the plastic is in a very similar condition. There are lots of threads here about this.

Sounds like you are headed in the right direction by purchasing the Motorcraft hose. Good luck with the repair.

Last edited:

Members online

Back