Help identifying a part

TheRebel

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I found a rubber tray under my rear seat cushion. It has a Ford part number F8VB-5428423 LH. Anybody know what it is? The part number didn't show up on fordparts.com. I also didn't find anything searching the internet by that number.

LOL I knew that was going to be asked. No, I don't yet but will try to get one soon.

883f6728-8081-4215-9670-9061232a4b43.gif

It looks like a plug of some sort, check to see if there is a similarly shaped cutout somewhere on your drivers side, possibly under the dash. It looks really familiar, has the speakers see been changed? The inside of the door has a similar rubbery plastic cover thing.

It was under the rear seat cushion on the drivers side. There wasn't anything on the passenger side. I thought it might be a plug through the floor board but I didn't see any holes that matched. The speaker in the drivers door is stock. I didn't see anything in the firewall either. I haven't completely checked out the trunk yet.

I have a brilliant idea. Surprised you haven't thought of it.

Pick up your phone, call your local FLM dealer, and ask them what base part number 28423 is, for whatever year your Town Car is.

Can't get much easier than that and you get the dope right from the horse's mouth.

Plug for hanger for dual exhaust???

Is yours single exhaust?

Just throwing that out there.

-ryan s.

It does have dual exhaust (touring edition). I called the dealer and they couldn't find anything with with the base number or the complete number.

Members online

Back