Help I Need To Change My Spark Plugs

WADEB

New LVC Member
Reaction score
hEY i OWN A 2000 LIN. LS. THIS IS THE FIRST TIME I HAVE TO CHANGE MY PLUGS. IS THERE ANY THING I NEED TO KNOW BEFORE ATTEMPTING THIS PROJECT. ANY HELPFUL HINTS. i ALSO HAVE TO CHANGE MY FUEL FILTER. WELL IF ANY ONE CAN HELP ME WITH THIS PROCEDURE i WOULD GREATLY APPRECIATE IT.. WELL TALK TO YOU LATER

be patient, the left side 4-8 are a bitch to get to. 1-4 are simple just remove the valve cover and take out the coils and bam ur there. the whole left side 4-8 are in a tight squeeze, so jsut be patient. if u do a search on this ull find all pics and how to's, if u need help pm me and ill send step by step

Changing the plugs in a V6 in a major PITA. You literally have to remove the intake manifold and all attaching components to get to the left bank of plugs. I also strongly suggest you go buy a PCV valve and PCV elbow and change those out while you have the mani off anyways. To get to the PCV, you have to go further down and remove the fuel injector plenumn and the PCV sits directly underneath. You just need basic hand tools and assorted sockets. a swivel socket may be usefull aswell.

I picked mine up at autozone. Its a generic elbow, had to cut it to size but i already had mine off to match sizes all it is is about 3" elbow. Not sure what the internal dia. is but it's pretty close to the average persons ring finger size. what you can do is get a PCV valve at autozone then buy an elbow tube to fit. The PCV valve was about 8 bucks and the tube was around 2 bucks.

Members online

No members online now.
Back