HELP! Gen1 to Gen2 headlight wiring

robnu0069

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
OK, i have a 2002 lincoln ls. I replace the headlight mount panel and front bumper to a 2004 lse. I'm in the process of replacing the headlights to 2nd generation. I have the headlights and all the wiring pigtails from an 04 and need to know if anyone may have wiring diagram for the 02 and the 04 OR if anyone has ever done this..please help!

bump..

I'll be doing this myself shortly... I ordered the 2nd Gen Headlight connectors from Max @ 5 Star Ford. It looks like I will have to splice them into my existing headlight harnesses...

Plug you harness back in and use a test light to find out which one is the LOW BEAM power and the HIGH BEAM power. mark them with tape and unplug. next refer to the pic

scan.jpg

You have 8 on the old one because there was no led marker light in the headlight.

If your taking the HID apart its pretty much straight forward. Label your light harness off the old one. Even better plug it into the car and take a test light and see which is the HIGH BEAM power wire then. Then find the LOW BEAM and SIGNAL LIGHT. Cut all the ends off BUT NOT THE SIGNAL LIGHT.

Open up the HID light by removing the low beam cover. Try to get the connector off where it exits. 1 side is a huge pain in the ass the other side is simple. They have to be removed from the inside and not the outside.
I drilled a small hole where i needed to access the plug and got it off with a wire. Then cut the plug off.

Follow the wires to the lights. Black wire is ground. Drill a big enough hole to feed 6 wires in.

Feed the 6 wires in that hole. Then soldier together the High Beam and LOW beam. (The other 2 skinnier wires are for the marker LED. You can hook this up by tapping into the signal/marker light, unless you don't want it then don't worry about it)

Close it all up.

Wire up your old plug to the 6 wires out of the HID.

Then silicone the sh*t out of the hole that the 6 wires go into the headlight.

Took me about 6 hours to do. Using the harness already when I had to redo the 2000 after the accident I used the connectors it took less the 2hours.

I did this to my 2000 LS. When I do my 2001 LS I am not drilling and cutting wires. I am using the connectors its so much cleaner and easier if I have to replace it. Just plug and play then. My 2000 got into an accident and they had to replace the both of them. Nobody could figure out how these lights were wired. So next time its plug and play. If they are new light this would void the warranty.

Members online

No members online now.
Back