Help..GEN 1 LSE dimensions VS GEN 2 LSE dimensions

Alax7

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
What are the differences of the Gen 1 LSE fronts fascia compared to the Gen 2 LSE front fascia. I bought a mesh kit with a mesh for the bottom bumper of an lse. I have gen 2 ls and will get an lse front fascia in some time. Ken said the bottom mesh will fit in a gen 1 but he's not sure about a gen 2 LSE. Can anybody with an lse write down the dimensions of the bottom opening. The grill is 36'' long. Thanks.

Alax7 I have a Gen II LSE. I will give you the dimensions of the opening on my bumper as soon as I can.

The grille opening is 6" 3/4 high in the center and left to right across the bottom is right around 34". Across the top is right around 38". I measured with a cheap metal tape measure so those figures are pretty close but not exactly to the tenth of an inch. Also there is a chrome strip that goes around the lip of the opening and all dimensions I gave were inside to inside of that strip.
Hope this helps bro-

Thanks.much appreciated, I'll measure the grill when I get home tonight and hopefully it'll match

Can you measure again. I just need to make sure the 38 is excatly 38''. I just measured the mesh piece and it is 7'' top to bottom so it fits in hieght but the length is 37'' 7/8, almost 38. If lse is exactly 38" then i hope its doesn't make much difference, its only 1/8"

I'll check to see the top measurement as soon as I can. It will probably be this afternoon or early evening before I can.
Honestly though if it is that close I would use it. 37 7/8? No one will notice that small of a gap. I'll give you exact dimensions as soon as I can.

Right. Remember that if you center it, you will only have 1/16" on either side. That should be covered up by the chrome surround

chrome surround? There is a chrome surround on the opening of the lse bumper? Yeah thats true about the opening. Is there anything that comes off the bottom bumper to hold in the mesh or am i going to have to fab up someway to hold it up.Thanks lincoln luebbe

Well I was just now able to get back to a computer...
Anyhoo it looks like the opening is actually 37 7/8 along the top. I am not sure about the lower insert being a bolt on mod, or if you can actually take out the trim that is inside the opening. I was tugging on it and it felt kind of like one piece, but it could be because it is bolted in there. I would have to drive it up on ramps to actually check it out. I work full time and am in school full time so it might be Friday or Saturday before I could actually get up under there to look.
Could you post a pic of the lower insert so I can see where it would theoretically attach to the bumper?

ok cool! looks like I didn't blow 300 on something I can't use. Thanks. You dont have to go through all that trouble to get it up on a ramp or anything. I'll find a way to get it on there once the time comes. Will post pic soon

Just spent a lot of money in the past three weeks, new tires, new strucks, cdc grill Nykoa bulbs, so I have to put that off a little. I think I'll get it around christmas give or take some weeks. I haven't looked around that much, so i dont know. I've only seen them on lskoncepts

yeah same here, shipping to canada will be killer for me. Good luck

002-2.jpg

001-1.jpg

Here's the mesh.

Sweet. All this time I thought it was a pre-cut piece. I'm sure that will come out looking sweet. Post your progress bro!

Sorry I prob should've mentioned that it wasn't in the shape of the grill yet. Just wanted

Thats the mesh from the lskoncepts website or somewhere else?

That is the lower grill insert that came with the CDC LSE add on kit that is currently out of production.

Members online

No members online now.
Back