help etc abs advancetrac transmission

trenton

LVC Member
Reaction score
My 2003 licoln ls v8. Is acting up when i drive the speedometer gets stuck at 10mph then the car will go n2 failsafe mode say check advancetrac.an the speedometer wil jump up 2 my speed today it started with additional check transmission and parking brake... Ive heard could b cop battery alternator pcm speed sensors abs module i have no clue wat 2 do need help plzz

I think I understand...... How old is the battery? What is the voltage while the engine is running? Not running?

The battery is under a year old.. I actually have 2 batteries one is for my amp an speakers

The battery is under a year old.. I actually have 2 batteries one is for my amp an speakers

And the voltages???? Has the stock alternator been tasked with charging both batteries? That could easily kill the alternator.

Would a bad or weak alternator cause my speedometer 2 malfunction an all of these errors or is it a sensor or pcm or abs problem i kno im asking alot im just confused i just replaced my trans last year im just trying figure out how costly this repair is gonna be or really what the problem is

Ok do u think i should go 2 the dealership or nah.. Shud i just get the voltages

everything on this car is completely computer controlled, these computers like most run on electricity, since the alternator is where the electricity comes from. you would be surprised what can fail or act all fukced up when you have a bad or weak alternator...

Should i just get the voltages

Fixed it for you.....

Get a digital volt/ohmmeter and learn how to use it. It isn't at all complicated. Check the voltage at the battery when the engine is running and when it isn't. Running should show about 14.4 volts and 12.5 with the engine off.

My bad im on my phone doin this and its slow an very small hard 2 txt on

My bad im on my phone doin this and its slow an very small hard 2 txt on

I can relate. I spend more time trying to get the spelling correct on my iPhone and iPad than on my laptop!! At least the screen is bigger on the 5 than the 4.

From the other information (outside of this thread) you have provided, it sounds more like an ABS (module or sensor) issue. (Still, please do check the electrical system voltage while this is happening. First read DC volts. You want 14.0 to 14.4. Then read AC volts. You want 0.0)

Anyway, the ABS module provides speed information to the other systems on the car. If this info is missing, then no speedometer, electronic parking brake problems, mild ETC failsafe, braking issues, ... (Shouldn't trigger a transmission issue, but resolve the ABS first.)

Members online

No members online now.
Back