Help Diagnose my Air Ride Prob :)

1wykdmk8 said:
HUH??? You are the first and only person that I have ever heard that said that the car handles worse after lowering it. I have owned 2 and have sensor lowered both of them, and other than a cushier ride on the highway (but just a bit) the car handles WAY better, and the gas mileage also went up (lower center of gravity lowers the coefficeint of drag....means better gas mileage)....but to each their own. :Beer
What I meant was that with the airbag suspension when you lower it that means that you are putting less air in the airbag making for a more cushier ride but when you have a cushier ride that usually makes for worse handling. Now with a lowering kit like with the coil conversion I'm sure it handles way better then lowering with the airbags

Blackout said:
What I meant was that with the airbag suspension when you lower it that means that you are putting less air in the airbag making for a more cushier ride but when you have a cushier ride that usually makes for worse handling. Now with a lowering kit like with the coil conversion I'm sure it handles way better then lowering with the airbags

My car, and the other Mark VIII that I owned, have the factory air ride on it. They were both sensor lowered and had my 'parking lot' stance kit on it. And I have to say, comparing the way the car handled factory height, and sensor lowered....well, lets just say that the sensor lowered handling was WAY better than the factory. Yes, there is less air in the airbag, but that does not mean that the handling is effected adversely. On the contrary, it was WAY better. You can take a bend at a faster rate than you could before with it lowered.....it did not dip as much as it did when at factory height. :Beer

I have a hard ride, but I have the addco sway bar all polly bushings, cobra shocks and sensor lowered but its still worth it cuz it handles better and better launches, just gets kind of bumpy some time. What ever you have to give and take sometimes.

-Eric

Andyg213 said:
i hate to do this but im a college kid and im tryin to save some money and maybe some one on here has gone through the same problems that i am having with my air ride. i have a 1993 lincoln mark viii and the check air ride light has been coming on since the beginning of the winter. at first nothing seemed to be wrong but now my rear end is jacked up and stuck there and the front bags will deflate when driving and sometimes when parked over night. also the compressor works when i first start it up but wont keep the bags inflated while driving...i dont know whats up...any help?

Odds are it is ice in the air lines (winter was the big clue there) and leaky front bags. New bags are easy to get, and you need to recondition your drier.

www.lincolnsonline.com/article31.html
If that fails (hey its free, try it) then you should get a new drier. Many vendors sell it.

Or you could spend many hundreds of dollars buying + installing a coil conversion kit. Its up to you. :)

Andy, I wanted to let you know that we have two shops in your area that have installed our product. One of them is on 28th street in Grand Rapids, and the other is on Plainfield Ave also in Grand Rapids. Let me know which location is closer and I will give a contact number for that location. I will also do a little more digging to find a few more options for you, as I just searched our shop sales for the last two months in your location. Let me know if I can answer any questions for you in the meantime and I will do my best to help.

Thanks,
Srutmasters Team

Members online

Back