Help Dealer screwed my car over

2001LS

LVC Member
Reaction score
Ok you all know about my problems with car not holding a charge. Well the dealer replaced some item on it and now the alarm doesnt arm. And when you stick the key in the ignition the flashers blink 5 times. Also the flashers dont blink when i unlock it anymore. Help can i reprogram this.... I hate taking my car to the dealer...

:Bang :Bang :Bang :Bang :Bang :Bang :Bang :Bang :Bang :Bang

how 'bout?

r there any audio shops around where you live? usually those guys are cool enough to check it out for you. I would try that b4 leaving the car at the dealer so they can hold it for a week just so they can say you need a continuum transfunctioner

2001LS said:
Ok you all know about my problems with car not holding a charge. Well the dealer replaced some item on it and now the alarm doesnt arm. And when you stick the key in the ignition the flashers blink 5 times. Also the flashers dont blink when i unlock it anymore. Help can i reprogram this.... I hate taking my car to the dealer...

:Bang :Bang :Bang :Bang :Bang :Bang :Bang :Bang :Bang :Bang

What kind of repairs did your car go in for?

Well, it sounds like you are low on blinker fluid. But, if you blinker fluid level is fine...then you are having a problem with security programming. Your dealer should be able to reactivate security via thier NGST computer.

Another possibility is a malfunctioning pin switch. Example, if you leave your hood open on your LS and try to set the alarm, the lights will flash quickly, telling you that there is a trigger.

Also if you push the panic flashers go off but no horn.... My car has been having batt drain problems. Previous owner had them also since 25000 mi i have 50000 on it now. Im working with ford hopefully to buy back.

More than likely they popped the fuse for the light harness. The old old school alarms could be disabled by shorting a light socket. To resolve this, they started putting a fuse there. The result is you won't get a blinking light when armed or disarmed. May cause other issues having a popped fuse.

Check the fuses directly involved with the alarm.

Members online

No members online now.
Back