*HELP Bank 1 & 2 Lean*

Provided it was reading out of voltage range.

what do you mean by this because it also had a code of alt load input fail..what does that mean? I thought it was because the car was running like crap

Well I changed plugs and coils, cleaned MAF and IAC. Light still popped back on. Hopefully its my 3rd o2 sensor. Starting to get frustrated at the cel light.

Well I changed plugs and coils, cleaned MAF and IAC. Light still popped back on. Hopefully its my 3rd o2 sensor. Starting to get frustrated at the cel light.
that's sucks.. I am still trying to chase down my vacuum leak..keep us posted...thanks

what do you mean by this because it also had a code of alt load input fail..what does that mean? I thought it was because the car was running like crap

alt load input fail.. I don't know what it means, but doesn't sound like your maf.

So your getting three CEL's? And they aren't flashing? But your car runs rugged? :confused:

Shapoop! 3rd o2? What about the 4th? lol I hate CEL.

that's sucks.. I am still trying to chase down my vacuum leak..keep us posted...thanks

:confused:

alt load input fail.. I don't know what it means, but doesn't sound like your maf.

So your getting three CEL's? And they aren't flashing? But your car runs rugged? :confused:
:
no the CEL is not flashing but yea 3 codes but I talked to a friend from the dealership and he said the alt fail could very well be because it is running so rough..do you think my vacuum leak could be my intake manifold gasket? I just took the manifold off without putting a new gasket but I think they are reuseable

well it rained here all weekend so I am going to clear the codes first thing in the morning and gonna go from there

dont know if somebody said it but FUEL FILTER thats exactly what mine read, I cleared it changed the filter, and not one issue since. or could be fuel pump, o2, gascap, or many other stupid things, but not as likely as filter.

hope this helps

I just took the manifold off without putting a new gasket but I think they are reuseable

If they're not made of rubber they're not re-useable. I'm not too sure what type of gaskets are used, but mos of the time Intake gaskets need to be replaced if you remove the manifold. That would very well be the problem. But you would need to get a vacuum pump to test the system to find out.

How long ago did you have the manifold off, and have you driven the car without any issues since then?

How long ago did you have the manifold off, and have you driven the car without any issues since then?

I haven't driven the car since it started acting up..going to work on it some more today when I get out of school today

cleared the codes and the car still runs rough..going to hook it up to the ford electronic toolbox from the dealership tomorrow to find out in depth what's going on..is it ok to drive my car with it running lean?

FINALLY FIXED...the whole time my #8 injector was not clicked on the way on..runs perfect

I got a code p0420 (Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold (Bank 1) ) and am going to replace Cats and 02's. I've driven too many miles with a misfire for the cats to still be good. I'm hoping that solves my CEL and overheat problem. I'm pretty sure the Cats are bad because the exhaust sound like its plugged up. Cats are in the mail, cost $500 for both. We'll see though.

Mine was P0171 and P0174; both banks lean. On my V6 it turned out to be the pcv tube. As it's buried below the lower intake it's costing me a bundle to be replaced. I guess the upside is it failed much later (just under 9 years and 167K+ miles) than other's.

Members online

No members online now.
Back