Help asap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

says its private...what do you need help with?

maybe it was a video of him drowning.... no one helped soon enough :frown:

Sounds like a serious miss. Does the CEL flash or is it steady? My immediate thought is at least one bad coil. The stress of a "race" could/would make a marginal coil fail. That sound is the same sound my V6 made when I had a couple (or more) failed coils after I washed my engine. My CEL was flashing and I ended up frying the passenger side cat.

Video wasn't much help.... But sounds like you stressed your coils enough for complete coil failier. Now because you insist on beating up your ls you are not running on all cylinders ( no pun intended). Replace the vcg. Replace all 6 coils and plugs. The longer you ignore your coils the more you'll damage. Cats plugging is next.....

Sounds like a serious miss. Does the CEL flash or is it steady? My immediate thought is at least one bad coil. The stress of a "race" could/would make a marginal coil fail. That sound is the same sound my V6 made when I had a couple (or more) failed coils after I washed my engine. My CEL was flashing and I ended up frying the passenger side cat.

flash

u guys think i can get my valve cover gasket, plugs and coils replaced for under $200

If u have a friend that is mechanically inclined, yea. Good shop, no, not likely

u guys think i can get my valve cover gasket, plugs and coils replaced for under $200

Labor only? Maybe. Book time is probably around 3 hours.
The only way to hit that figure is to get the cheap ebay coils, some cheap plugs and do the work yourself.

Members online

Back