Help! Anybody knows!

hoodlum

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Whats the difference between a sts and a sst? and what is a sst cant find it anywhere? Sst does have the small v8 4,9l??? Perhaps i buy a -92 tomorrow and i allso wanna know what to look for like where the rust apears and what to look for on the motor? Typical problems so the speak.
I´ll be glad for all answers thanks!

sst? i don't think there is such a thing. are you thinking of an sts and an sls. the sts is the touring sedan, while the sls is the luxury sedan.

There is a SLS and STS. The SLS has less horsepower but generally has more torque for quicker acceleration.

The "SST" may be referring to a performance package that was added such as a transmission for quicker shifting or air intake but I don't think it's something that would be added by GM. At least I have never heard of a Cadillac SST being factory produced. Please let us know what you find out.

Now i´ve been lookin at the cadillac.
You all shure right it was a sts but he is a cardealer and just talk away everything and proberbly dont know much???? Anyway looked nice and a really nice car on the road. Sorry for all the problems!

But the owner mumblin something about the light rail in the back. I know its just talk but he says that they didnt have any function in 92 not untill 94 but that must be bs. Why would they put it there if it not gonna be for any use???? Every question i had he just talked it away. The trunk was very wet to proberly some water slippin thru some seal or something??

hoodlum said:
http://www.bikepro.com/products/yakima_racks/qfits/cadillacq.html There is one sst it is a sixty special touring sedan made between 1984-93. And the car im gonna look at today is registred as a sst but maybe they have different codes when they are sold in Europe??

Yeah, there are several SSTs, the Super Sonic Transport for one; there's several companies named with that TLA, and it also stands for sea surface temperature. The link you included is for Yakima roof mount bike racks, and has something to do with the actual mount type. If you look at the Chevy list, or the Acura list (I did) the same designation is in there beside cars we all know were never named SST.

The SLS is 275hp, the STS is 300hp. As Mac1 said SLS more torque less hp, STS more hp less torque. One has speed off the line the other has top end speed. A short race SLS, a long race STS.

Members online

No members online now.
Back