Hellooooo bad things

Isurf

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
So I get a new touch screen pioneer deck pay 472 for everything after I get it the damn check engine light comes on but it doesn't stay on it starts blinking does anyone know about this or has this happen to you? Got a 02 ls v8 non sport

check wires..Are you running a amp? Model # of the pioneer...I dont see any of those triggering cel though..Did It happen as soon as you turned the car on the first time after install?

CEL comes on and starts to flash??? It has happened to everyone on this forum. Go to an auto store and get your car scanned, come back and post the codes. Man I hate it when I decide to spoil myself with a big purchase and THEN something goes wrong.

Yeah I know right lol you do something nice for yourself an you get a slap to the face lol but I dropped it off at tasca the guy said the car was going in a " melt down" mode cuz the check engine light was flashing which will cause major issues to the cats so who the f knows just gotta wait for the phone call to see what it could be I'll keep you guys updated

Yeah I know right lol you do something nice for yourself an you get a slap to the face lol but I dropped it off at tasca the guy said the car was going in a " melt down" mode cuz the check engine light was flashing which will cause major issues to the cats so who the f knows just gotta wait for the phone call to see what it could be I'll keep you guys updated

Drive it with a flashing CEL and you will melt at least one cat. Don't ask how I know........

i hope its the tasca in E.P. cause cranston dont know anything about LS's and also they have bad service and over charge.

i still wouldnt have brought flashing CEL to a dealership, i would wait to it goes solid and bring it to autozone. flashing CEL is usually a misfire, which means unless its solid, your going to have to guess which coil or plug is at fault, thats why a dealership wont be able to diagnostic either

i still wouldnt have brought flashing CEL to a dealership, i would wait to it goes solid and bring it to autozone. flashing CEL is usually a misfire, which means unless its solid, your going to have to guess which coil or plug is at fault, thats why a dealership wont be able to diagnostic either

I diagree. You don't always get the solid light and codes. Waiting could couse more damage than good. The stealership may be expencive but they have the dianostic tools needed to pinpoint the cause of the miss. It could cost less in the long run.

Members online

Back