Hello from Iowa

Welcome Wagon Forum

1. Uncle Sherm

Uncle Sherm LVC Member

It is hard to find a good V8 RWD coupe anymore that isn't a Mustang, Camaro, or some other sports car. I was looking for something older and more practical for daily driving, such as an old Mercury Cougar or Thunderbird, when I found a 1997 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC last spring.

It is in beautiful condition considering the 153k miles on the odometer, and hasn't given me any problems in the 3 months I've had it. I got it fully loaded with the (no longer working) factory 10 disc CD Changer and heated seats, but I plan on investing some time and money into a new sound system and boosting engine performance. I'm hoping this board can give me some ideas and help along the way.

2. Svets96

Svets96 Dedicated LVC Member

Hi and welcome to LVC! You'll love it here. A lot of knowledgeable people to help you out at a moments notice.

Great looking Mark VIII, keep it pristine. Best part its very clean and its an LSC!

I wanted to pass on this information about LCOC Lincoln and Continental Owners Club. Its a gathering of Lincoln enthusiasts from all model years. It is $48.00 a yr, you get a monthly magazine, meet and greets all over, a great deal on advertising, best of all you get Ford X-Plan discount on any new Ford or Lincoln whether you buy or lease. The more popular the model the more you save! Some members have savings of $700.00 to $7,000.00 Keep this in mind for down the road.

Temple Performance, and Super Coupe Performance have restoration parts for Mark VIII, T-Bird, and Cougar.

Good Luck with your Mark. Happy cruising.

3. Old Blue

Old Blue LVC Member

Welcome from another newbie (an ex-Iowegian), also with our 1st Mark VIII.
    It sounds like you got a nice 97 LSC......enjoy
    Ron

4. germansheperd

germansheperd Active LVC Member

I like the color