Hello Everyone

Rondo

New LVC Member
Reaction score
My first post here so I hope I'm doing it right.
Just wondering if anyone has replaced the infamous constantly cracking coolant recovery tank with an aluminum one. I found them on ebay and seriously considering it.
Thanks

My first post here so I hope I'm doing it right.
Just wondering if anyone has replaced the infamous constantly cracking coolant recovery tank with an aluminum one. I found them on ebay and seriously considering it.
Thanks
Wow I didn't know that option even existed that is something I would like to know about as well.
I found the what I think he is talking about
For Ford Thunderbird LINCOLN LS Aluminum Radiator Coolant Overflow Bottle Tank 763383186883 | eBay
or
For Ford Thunderbird LINCOLN LS Aluminum Radiator Coolant Overflow Bottle Tank 606280121635 | eBay

Wow I didn't know that option even existed that is something I would like to know about as well.
I found the what I think he is talking about
For Ford Thunderbird LINCOLN LS Aluminum Radiator Coolant Overflow Bottle Tank 763383186883 | eBay
or
For Ford Thunderbird LINCOLN LS Aluminum Radiator Coolant Overflow Bottle Tank 606280121635 | eBay
Those are what I've found. I've seen guys make their own on you tube so it seems like it's plausible. But the ls is a fickle beast.

I've seen one person purchase one so far about a month ago, no word back yet

Well, I just pulled the trigger and ordered one. I'll do some updates after install.
I am gonna do the same thing once I replace my heater valve again. I had some overheating with my car due to it not being bled properly and discovered my DCCV was bad in the process cause of how my heat is not working correct and it's blowing the fuse for the DCCV. I bought a Bosch heater valve cause I am pretty sure that is who makes it for Ford as the OEM one is stamped Bosch. I got it for right at $100 so I could not pass that up. I replaced the entire coolant system at the end of last year but I would love to have one of these metal tanks as a spare while it's easy to get them.

41K1HSody8L._AC_SY400_.jpg

I saw the ebay aluminum degas bottle a while ago and then ran across this one ...obviously this universal won't work but I'm thinking about putting the clear plastic pipe in the Ebay aluminum degas reservoir....its made in China so I will be waiting to here from you about the quality...hopefully the welds are solid

View attachment 828572695
I saw the ebay aluminum degas bottle a while ago and then ran across this one ...obviously this universal won't work but I'm thinking about putting the clear plastic pipe in the Ebay aluminum degas reservoir....its made in China so I will be waiting to here from you about the quality...hopefully the welds are solid
I have access to someone that is a welder. If I order it I was thinking to have them look at it first to make sure it does not need any reworking done to make it stronger.

That's absolutely fantastic that someone took the time to make one out of metal and not that cheap shit plastic garbage the others have been made from. As far as strength goes, the cooling system is only under what, 15 psi? That's basically nothing. If you want to see if the tank is in good shape, fill it with something thin and obnoxious like gasoline or acetone. If there are any holes in the welds, that will show it. You could put some chunks of rad hose on on and just hold them higher than the filler neck to get the level to the top without it leaking everywhere.

I was also amazed at the price, less than 100 bucks? That is astounding. If I was still running mine, I'd do that in a heartbeat.

Just wanted to do an update on my metal coolant tank install.
It wasn't an exact fit but close. First thing I did was to pressure test it.
I then needed to cut off a tab that wasn't even close to where it should be.
It also seems to be touching the brake booster. A little rubber between the two seems to have helped in case of vibration.
Other than that, its been in for a few month now with no overheating issues.

Now if I can just figure out why I have to keep changing the DCCV ever 10 months.
What goes bad on these thing? I wonder if I can just rebuild my own? Any thoughts?

20190928_130538.jpg

20190928_175747.jpg

20191004_131545.jpg

20191005_121246.jpg

20191005_121251.jpg

20191005_123359.jpg

20191005_153648.jpg

20191005_153826.jpg

The Motorcraft DCCV lasts several years, assuming that your coolant is clean and replaced about every five years. The "lifetime" aftermarket ones only last a month of two.

Members online

Back