Hello all! NEWBIE here,,

Moes8

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone
I just joined this forum site.
i have visited here in the past to read your articles.
I do not YET have a Mark Viii :slam

My father has 3 of them though,(2 -93's and a 98 CE)

I have a Question right of the bat .
This will probably be impossible to answer but here goes,
I have a chance to get a FREE!! 93 viii with 101k miles,runs great no probs except it was smashed front end.I know it needs both front fenders and front clip plus airbags and windshield."Frame" was said to be good,

Do any of you have any cost experience with this type of repair?i live more than 100 miles from car and have'nt told the donor if i want it yet because i dont know if i can afford the repairs.
like i said it runs great,i drove it around since the time it was smashed and it still feels nice and tight.
I expect no mechanical repairs neccesary,but i have no idea on cost for body repairs

if anyone can help ,please do,thanks
I cant wait to own an mark 8
i love driving my dad's.

Thanks

Mike

First off....:W to the LvC......

Secondly, you are looking at at LEAST $3000 to put a front end together with windshield and front end parts. I would say that it is not really worth it, unless you use it as a parts car for later on. If it is free, and you plan on getting one in the future, and if you have the space for it, I would purchase it. I did the same thing not all that long ago and found out that just the front clip (minus the windshield) it was gonna cost me close to $2500 to fix what needed to be replaced.

wow thats a lot of $ for a front end.
after i posted last night i stayed up late searching the net
i found some marks near me for $1395-2800.
i think my best deal is to pick one of these up and then also take the free one for parts,because like i said the free one is near perfect if you never look at the front :)

Thanks for the info 1wykdmk8.
Mike

Hey think about taking it and parting out the good parts of the car! Air shock radio, seats etc. Check out eBay! It could pay for a good portion of your Mark when you buy one.

Oh and :W to the site!

mespock said:
Hey think about taking it and parting out the good parts of the car! Air shock radio, seats etc. Check out eBay! It could pay for a good portion of your Mark when you buy one.

Oh and :W to the site!
:W :I
get the mark no matter what, their are alot of guy always looking for part, and if you do get it make sure you also go over to www.tccoa.com some of the tbird/cougar guys are looking for mk8 part .

Members online

Back