Height Sensor Fix/Repair w/pics

Sixlitre

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
That GD height sensor jumped off the lower axle ball stud again !

Fighting the overwhelming urge to sue the City of Ottawa I jacked up the Lincoln and believe (fool that I am) I cured it's evil ways.

The following is a thread of pics to show the parts and what I did to repair/fix the height sensor from doing it again to me;

http://www.supermotors.org/vehicles/registry/detail.php?id=9371&s=32527#content

Hope it helps some of you. It took me all of an hour from start to finish, wheels up to wheels down.

Sixlitre

Excellent information thanks for posting , write it up as a tech article and submit it to Joeychgo, that way it can be in the tech article section.

Thanks Pepperman

Think I've perfected the repair and for no cost !

IMG_0204.jpg

Dang thang slipped it's chains(tie-wraps) and done jumped off the ball stud again ! So this new fix ought to do it permanent-like !

The ultimate solution ! Drilled through the ball stud and threaded it to 1/4-UNC-20 and spun it out to 3/4" away from bracket. The two lock nuts allow plenty of articulation and the lock washers won't let it jump off the ball. DONE !

Sixlitre

Man you should be taking photos for Chilton's or Hayne's manuals. Your pictures are always clear and anyone should be able to follow the tasks you cover.. Thanks for documenting these things like you do.. I don't have this problem, but if I do.. I will be looking for this..

tbsrider2000 said:
Man you should be taking photos for Chilton's or Hayne's manuals. Your pictures are always clear and anyone should be able to follow the tasks you cover.. Thanks for documenting these things like you do..

Sixlitre is THE MAN!!!

tbsrider2000 said:
Man you should be taking photos for Chilton's or Hayne's manuals. Your pictures are always clear and anyone should be able to follow the tasks you cover.. Thanks for documenting these things like you do.. I don't have this problem, but if I do.. I will be looking for this..

Thanks guys

I do it with a three year old POS Vivitar digital that cost under $100.00 new. Just a 3.3 mp with an optical zoom and the all important macro (or close up) option.

IM002210.jpg

The best advice I can give is flood the area with a lot of light(trouble light) and steady your arm against the car/truck frame and wait for the button to do it.

So far the trick is working fine on the height sensor !

Sixlitre

Members online

No members online now.
Back