Heating

papilos

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
anyone ever experience this?

my LS suddenly felt hot...REAL hot and i kept adjusting the temp but nothing! the damn thing is always blowing HOT air does not lower the temp with fresh air or if i have the AC on...its constantly blowing at the hottest possible temp.

I have an '04 LS with a somewhat similar problem; here's the short story. I would set system on Auto at 65 degrees - output air was cold. Increase to 90 degrees, it got hot. Lower to 70 - cold again. Set to manual floor output 65 degrees - cold again. Reset to Auto at 65 - the fan speed increased to max, the A/C came on(!), freezing. Wife complaining continues. Bottom line is I took it to dealership and they ended up replacing a diverter valve and the entire control unit in the dash. Now for the point...

NOW, set temp at 60, air is cold. Bump it up to 65, A/C comes on and it's BURNING HOT:mad:. Wife complaining continues. The Ford service chick said "it's supposed to do that." Well, I happened to have a Ford tech guy in the car with me yesterday checking on a drive train vibration (that's another story), and he noticed the heater problem. Back at the dealership, he told her to get the car back in and fix it.

Anyway, I might know something Monday that could help you out. Sometimes I would prefer my '64 Galaxie that had a button for the fan and a cable for the temp.

Ed

I recently had mine in the shop to replace a fuel pump and now I am experiencing the same thing. I would be interested in what you come up with.

Members online

No members online now.
Back