heater problems....HELP!

studebaker1962

New LVC Member
Reaction score
hi. i have had a 1997 chevy malbu for about 4 years...car was nothing but problems,so just got a 1994 cadillac deville 4.9 v8. i love this car. drove it for about a week. tried to put the heater on,it blows out and turns on fine but no hot air. i also noticed that it was leaking coolant. so i replaced the water pump first. that did nothing. i then noticed that after it ran for about 15 minutes coolant would fill in the overflow and bubble very loudly. after 5 minutes it would stop and slowly flow. i then noticed that the "T-fitting" that the heater hoses connect to was hissing. so i went to touch it and it exploded and coolant went all over the engine bay. i guess my question is, could a broken T-valve cause a slow leak in coolant? and where can i get a new T-valve? i looked at all local part shops and none of them stock it. any reply would be greatly appreciated! thank you in advance.

thanks. i took the "t-valve" off and it crumbled in the heater hoses. i ordered a new one. installed it and it runs great now.

Those Ts are notorious for that. They do experience a lot of heat where they are both internal and out.

Members online

Back