Heater fan noise

TonyLS

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I just started hearing a whine type of noise coming from the dash. I've isolated it to the heater/ac fan. Like clock work when I turn off the heating system you can hear it wind down and stop. When I turn on the heater the noise starts back up.

Wouldn't you know it that this would start AFTER my car was in the dealer for the trany recall last week.

The dealer I go to has saturday hours, of course they can't do complex engineer repair on a Saturday, but I'm thinking they could handle this...you think?

The car is still under warrenty.

:steering

if they have to go through the dash it will certainly take more than a day. Plus they will have to have the part on hand and won't know what they need till they diag it themselves.

Better count on at least 2 days.

eL eS said:
if they have to go through the dash it will certainly take more than a day. Plus they will have to have the part on hand and won't know what they need till they diag it themselves.

Better count on at least 2 days.

HOLY crap i got the same noise and i just got my car back from the dealer last monday... let me know what it is .. if its a huge problem i'll take it back b4 my warrantee runs out thats feb 26.. dammit i'm soo sick of going there.. and they're sick of me but F' them ... build the car better then with better parts..

I hear ya. I have seen the shop an average of once a month since 2001. My brain hurts just thinking about it. All for repairs not oil changes; I took care of most of those. Someone fell asleep at the helm with this car and as a result has pretty much run the owners of the aground.

Just had my fan motor replaced last week for the same reason. . They had the car 2 days. Also did both valve cover gaskets. And replaced the drivers seat track. It was making a clicking noise on autoglide. I had a 2005 LS6 for a loaner. It was a base model but it was nice.

Still under warranty, My runs out in June. I hope everything that breaks is going to happen in the next 4 months.

AquaLS01 said:
Just had my fan motor replaced last week for the same reason. . They had the car 2 days. Also did both valve cover gaskets. And replaced the drivers seat track. It was making a clicking noise on autoglide. I had a 2005 LS6 for a loaner. It was a base model but it was nice.

Still under warranty, My runs out in June. I hope everything that breaks is going to happen in the next 4 months.

wouldn't you know it that I didn't hear the fan noise on the way home from work. I hate intermitant problems! Atleast I have another 43k and 4.5 years left on my warrenty.

Silver LS8: don't feel bad about going back to the dealer all the time, the minute I have a problem I'm on the phone with them setting up an appointment.

I have the same exacty problem and I started having it after it was in the shop too. It was in for an oil chage and a tranny inspection. What did they do to your tranny for that recall, because my tranny is all messed up.

Lucas05 3 said:
I have the same exacty problem and I started having it after it was in the shop too. It was in for an oil chage and a tranny inspection. What did they do to your tranny for that recall, because my tranny is all messed up.

The trany recall is to mix a liquid additive with the existing tran-fluid. They say it will prevent hard shifting of the trany. I didn't have any problems with the trany, still don't.

Members online

Back